Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Months old

Our little girl is growing up SO fast! We are truly trying capture and enjoy EVERY moment! Here's some new things in McKenna's life.
  • She's very social now and smiles at almost everyone. With someone new, she'll usually give them the cocked eyebrow stare for a moment while she studies their face, and then she'll charm them with her gummy smile!
  • She's eating from a bottle once a day (while at the babysitters) like a CHAMP!

  • She can LAUGH! We've gotten a few good chuckles out of her as we discover her ticklish spots (ribs and under arms for sure!). Pay no attention to Dan at the end of the video. He's laughing at a funny noise mommy made... :)
  • She's officially sleeping upstairs in her own crib! I think the transition was harder on ME than for her. I kinda miss having her next to me in her bassinet.

    BeforeAfter

  • Along with sleeping upstairs, Dan and I are making more of an effort to get her room "finished". We finally purchased a dresser for her clothes and I'm currently working on a craft to hang on her wall. More pictures to follow.

The set up while putting the dresser together
Dan working very hard!
McKenna intently watching and eating her hands.

  • McKenna's neck muscles are strong enough she seems to be ready for the Bumbo seat! She's still not very interested in toys, as you can see.

We love this girl SO much and are very excited for what next month will bring!!

8 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oh La! Yay for days off and fun stuff! I want a Bumbo seat this time... It looks so cool! And how did you ever get into your closet with McBaby right there?!?! But, glad things are going well for you and your little grown up! They do grow up fast! Time for another {wink, wink}

Alyson said...

Tee hee, unlike Emily I'll give you at least another 6-9 months before I start hinting it's time for another. :) But your little sweetie is pretty darn precious!

Sibber said...

The only thing I heard was Dan... nice Dan! But, I can imagine... even if you hadn't told me! I can guess! You are so funny.... McKenna's so funny! Sorry we couldn't play longer... hope your back gets feeling better, danny boy! Love you!

Kristi Veale said...

So cute. I loved this part of Emilie and Deja's little life. Everything was all so new. Now I think of Emilie being to muture for her age! YIKES!!!

Jessica said...

Don't you just LOVE the bumbo! I watch my cousins daughter (who is the same age as McKenna)and that little girl LOVES the bumbo. She hates when she can't see what is going on!

C C & R said...

Oh my goodness, she is cute! It looks like you guys are doing great! Oh, and I love the little grunt/laugh at the end of the video Dan!

Becca said...

I can't believe she's 3 months already!!! She's getting to be so big and cuter every day. :) Love the looks she gives in those pictures.

The Gardners said...

She looks so little in the bumbo...By the time I put Scott in their his thighs were Chunky enough they would get stuck on the way out.