Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another new trick

At two and half months, McKenna has recently started cooing like crazy! Her favorite thing to coo at you might ask? The ceiling!! Here's a cute video with some proof. We love having her sweet, happy spirit in our home. She's getting to be so fun as we see her personality emerging.



Some other big news in our family is that I have officially gone back to work teaching first grade (part-time in the afternoons). I'm six months away from getting my level two teaching license. Once I receive this, I'll only have to renew it every 5 years. This is pretty easy to do by substituting and taking classes every now and then from the district. This way, years from now, I should be able to return to teaching more easily.

For the past week and a half we've been getting used to the routine of playing in the morning and taking her to the babysitters (grandma/neighbor/aunt) in the afternoon. Of course I miss her terriblly while I'm gone and feel guilty for not being with her evey second of the day. But we'll get through the next six months alright. :)

Dan is SO supportive and comes to school with me (and plays with McKenna) in the evenings and on Saturdays while I plan and grade papers. Sometimes, he gets lucky enough to capture these moments while in my classroom!

Love them!

6 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So cute La :) And so good you have a good hubby who will help out! 6 months will be no problem, and I think now is probably one of the better times to be gone. Later, she would remember and more huge changes would be happening, so... Glad you can finish up now. PS- I agree she looks like your baby pics, but I can't really decide who she looks like based on you guys now... She is a cute kid though :)

Sibber said...

Grandmother would be so happy to see you two snuggling in that chair! Love it!

Alyson said...

I love the coo stage. The little talkings! The sincere baby face, like she's just so serious about it all! *snuggles*

I'm glad you have a great support network around you for the six months of teaching until Level Two.

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Hello...she's not cooing at the ceiling...it's the ANGELS that are there! Oh, she is so cute. I LOVE the pic of Dan and sweet McDoogle! SO CUTE!

Butler Family said...

Thanks for the congrats. we are really excited!!

joel and laura michelle said...

she's such a doll. can't wait for our 2 princesses to meet!