Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Choir

Some of you may recall that I'm in a community Choir at Westminster and I could NOT sing in my Christmas concert due to a cold that caused laryngitis. Here's a follow-up.

When Spring comes around, so do the allergies. However, I don't remember ever having them before. Just my luck! It all started with a tickle in the throat. I was coughing like crazy, but no runny nose or soar throat, just a dry cough. The Monday before our Spring choir concert, I substitute taught and along with the cough, I over worked my chords and LOST MY VOICE AGAIN! Really? Five days before my concert! What are the odds? I did the best I could to rest up... which also meant not singing some of the time at our dress rehearsal. I guess it helped.

By concert night, my voice was thankfully back, about 97%. Close enough! I sang as best I could.
One of the best parts of choir this semester was that my Mother-in-law joined to choir too! She's top row, second in from the left. I'm second row up from bottom, second from the right.

My MIL was also featured in the men's piece doing a little percussion (left side). Great job! :)


Here are our wonderfully supportive spouses! I'm so thankful for Dan being with McKenna every Tuesday night. It's been so fun to continue to learn and grow musically!
I didn't get pictures of them, but a special shout-out to Sam, Lara, and Skooter for coming to support us!

4 comments:

Skoot D said...

You did an AMAZZZING job!!! I'm glad I was able to make it!!! I LOVE supporting my friends!!!!

LYB!!!!

heather and ronnie said...

sorry about your voice! i'm sure it was still awesome. and your hubby looks just like his dad!

Alyson said...

Aw, great job! I'm so glad you're having fun :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

What are the odds for sho?!?! Glad you enjoy singing so much!