Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy (late) Mother's Day!

One of Dan's cousins posted this video in April (thanks Katie O.). I knew it would be an appropriate representation of how I feel as a mother, and how I feel appreciation for my OWN mother and all those "ordinary" things she did for me.
(It 7 1/2 mins long but totally worth it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0

Dan's cousin summed it up great:
"I constantly have to remind myself, ENJOY this stage of life--whatever the stage may be. Relish the good and weather the tough spots. Don't ever wish any of it away." --Katie O.

Even though I've only been a mother for 18.5 months, I LOVE my "ordinary" daily routine with McKenna. I love her kisses and her sweet little voice saying, "Mommy!"

I feel like Dan treats me like a queen EVERYday, so Mother's Day isn't much different. :) Besides the massage I got on our trip to Midway, Dan also got me some pretty, light pink roses, changed 95% of the diapers for the day, had NO church meetings, took care of dinner (along with all the Webster boys for the Webster Sunday dinner), and gave me many sweet words of love and admiration! McKenna also colored a lovely picture for me in nursery. THANK YOU HONEY!

To my own mother- THANK YOU for being there when I got home from school so we could talk about my day. Thanks for making countless dinners... I'm beginning to understand what a chore that was. Thank you for being such a great teacher of music. Thank you for teaching me right and wrong, gospel principles, and countless other things! Love you!

To my mother-in-law-- Thank you also for your countless dinners! :) We love food! Thank you for raising DAN to be an honorable priesthood holder and teaching him the gospel! Dan says, "Thank you for 'summer school,' arts and crafts, and for being an example of the kind of spouse he wanted." Thank you for being such a wonderful, loving grandma who spoils McKenna! We appreciate so much that your watched her while I finished my third year of teaching.

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Aw. Sweet :)

Sibber said...

You are WAY to kind! I love you all! You are great examples of love, devotion, caring and everything else! Thank you so much! KISSES!

Alyson said...

Sounds like a very blissful mother's day, and a great mother and mother-in-law!