Thursday, May 13, 2010

Midway Webster Girl's Weekend

All of the Webster girls got together the last weekend in April for some girl bonding! We went to the Nelson family cabin in Midway!

We split up being in charge of the three meals we'd eat together. I was on the Friday night dinner crew along with Ailin and Lara. :) Ailin made wonderful empinadas, I contributed some Spanish rice, and Lara brought a delicious salad!

After we ate, we began our various "projects" while watching each other's wedding videos. Ailin and Lara embelished shirts, I did some much needed hand sewing/mending, Laurie organized recipes, and Sarah Jane and Brynn cheered us on (they brought projects for the next day).




These two handsome devils tagged along for the weekend, mostly because they're attached at their mother's bosom. :)
Brynn and Laurie were in charge of Saturday breakfast. Apple German pancakes, fresh strawberries, sausage, and juice. Yum! We went for a walk and then got started on some more crafts!
Here are the completed embelished shirts. So cute!
Those of us with children got to work on making "I Spy" bags!

The trinkets to go inside the bags.
My finished product is the circle (the square was our sample to follow- thank Kellie R.) I kind of wish I had made my window smaller. Oh well.
Dan's mom also brought supplies to make hair bows for the little girls. I made these a few days later. So fun!

Thanks Webster girls for an AWESOME overnighter. Can't wait to do it again- soon!

4 comments:

Butler Family said...

How fun is that!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!! How do you make those cute bags??

Kellie said...

that looks like a blast! the food sounds delicious and i love all the crafting that went on!

Mickellerox said...

Those hair bows are super cute! Can't wait to see them live!

Melissa said...

so fun!okay so your invited to come over for a teach me how to make I spy bags night!