Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Carnival and Fathers Day

Dan's brother is the executive director for an assisted living community in our area. They host a way FUN carnival for the residents and their families. We somehow get invited too! I skipped taking a picture of McKenna freaking out about the ponies. Go figure. However, our friend and neighbor, Luke, was a champ and took a ride!
But here she is doing alright in the bounce house.
They went "fishing" too. She got a whistle that doesn't whistle. Cool huh? :)
She couldn't stop talking about the horses, the bouncing, and the hot dog (corn dog) we had for dinner for DAYS! She had a blast!

Now we jump to Fathers Day. Yes, this does deserve a post of its own, but I didn't have a ton of pictures, so I decided to combine. We gave Dan some photo booth pictures of us to keep in his office, and I got him a one hour massage at Massage Envy. I never massage him hard enough to really make a difference. And when I try, I end up sweating and needing a massage myself! So there ya go- Happy Fathers Day my love! You're the BEST! Just ask McKenna!

I was also lucky enough to have my own father (and mother) in town for Fathers Day weekend! It was great to be able to go to church with him and sit by him! Throughout the time they were hear visiting, we got to see my mom's dad, and my dad's dad. It was so GREAT to see all those wonderful men during their special weekend.

The reasons for my parent's visit was for my Thompson Grandparent's 60th Wedding Anniversary celebration!
(That's my Grandma Jeanne that McKenna and I are named after. :))
We spent Fathers Day Sunday dinner with Dan's dad (and family). We all pitched in and got him a new Under Armor golf bag! Then we went to the IMC Hospital where Dan's Grandfather gave a historic presentation to his posterity about his time serving in the Korean War and about the beginnings of this heart surgery career.

The next three shots are MOST of his grandchildren and some greats. They sang some lovely songs for him.


Hooray for Family!

What a wonderful Fathers Day weekend! We LOVE all the fathers in our lives that have taught us so much!

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

What a great weekend!! Looks like you guys had a blast. I love all the pictures!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Of course! Anyone would talk about a corn dog for days! I am jealous you got to be with dad... but glad that he got to be around some of his family :)

Mickellerox said...

Happy Fathers' Day to all the "Daddies" and "Pahtahs" out there! Love you! :)