Monday, August 9, 2010

Gma and Gpa visit from CA

I thought I could finish blogging about July before August came, but I failed. Oh well.
Mid July, my parents came to town when my dad had a work conference in downtown SLC for a week. Hooray for visitors! McKenna warmed up to them quickly and LOVES playing with them!
One of the mornings they were here, Kenna and I "snuck" into their hotel pool. My mom came too of course.
It was a little too chilly for me, but we had fun! Please try ignore my bad posture and mini baby belly that looks more like chub. :)


Our last hurrah before they left was attending a Bees Baseball Game! It was a hot one!
Thank goodness our seats were in the shade!
Intently watching the game.
She liked clapping when everyone else did.
She also loved being passed down our row of seats to say hi to everyone.

The "Famous Chicken" also made an appearance that night. He was quite entertaining. McKenna enjoyed the mascots from a distance.
He even brought out some baby chicks.
The highlight of the night was when a young woman behind us gave McKenna her balloon flower! She was in heaven!

See what I mean by enjoying the mascots from a distance? When we tried to get her close for a picture, this was the result.


And then my camera battery died. I missed the most precious moment of the evening, but thankfully Dan took a picture on his phone...
Such a sweet thing to see. Come back soon Mom and Dad! We miss you and love you!

10 comments:

Becca said...

What a lucky little girl to have so much family around her! She is precious!!! :) Your mom and dad look great, I miss them!

Kikal said...

Grandparents are so fun! I love the flower balloon pic, you McKenna is such a doll!

Butler Family said...

It is always fun when family comes into town. Glad you had a GREAT visit.

Alyson said...

Aw, grandparents are just the best. It's a delight for me to watch my brothers be wonderful grandpas, because they've always been adorable uncles to my kids!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yes, it is a sweet cuddly moment. Love pictures of my parents and my kids! You torture your poor child by making her cry at animals. Thats not nice :p And, I love her cuddling with the flower pictures. And her pig tail hair. Very cute!

Emma said...

it sounds like you had a nice visit with your parents! It is always hard to say bye, but oh so nice for them to come!! Love the pics!! Ur little baby bump is cute!!

julie said...

I love looking at your blog. I am glad thing are going well for you. You don't even look pregnant. WOW.

Mindy said...

I.will.not.ignore.your.bad.posture. No, I will not.

BreAnne said...

She is getting so big! Very cute!

Sara T. said...

Its been so amazing watching McKenna growing up. She seriously gets more and more beautiful every time I see her!