Monday, August 9, 2010

News!

*Baby #2 Gender to be posted very soon... :)

Here's what we've been doing lately... Please pass the word along to anyone who might be interested!

Allow me to explain. Dan has "inherited" a "hobby" from his father of frequently looking at homes for sale throughout the state of Utah. We have always known we would out grow our condo someday, so it was always fun to dream. Nothing serious. Last Fall, Dan came across a home for sale that is just up the street from our current place (in our same LDS stake and ward). We called the realtor (also in our ward) and went to take a look. We liked it, but it wasn't the right time.

Well, months went by, the home never sold, and Dan recently interviewed for and received a promotion at work! Shortly afterwards, we walked through the home again and we both had a good feeling about it. We called the realtor to place an offer contingent on us selling our condo.

Long story short, we've been working our butts off trying to make our condo look "classy, spacious, and simplified." Meaning, we've packed up about 70% of our stuff and put it in storage for the time being. Now that we're listed, we placed an offer on the home, and it was ACCEPTED! (Again, contingent on us selling our place).

This new home is not perfect by any means, but we see its potential. But we're looking forward to making it our OWN! We're excited to be able to stay in the area that we have grown to love so much! We'll keep you updated!

9 comments:

Mary said...

woohoo! man, i can't believe how grown up you are. have i told you lately you're my hero? i can't wait to see more pics and hear all about EVERYTHING! xoxo

Megan My Dear said...

congrats! I hope you sell so you can get the house! I am sure extra space will be nice come next year...

Unknown said...

Congrats on the house that is exciting. I am excited to hear what the gender of your baby is:) You have so much excitement going on- how fun!

katie b. p. said...

AWESOME!!! Congrats! And I love the little boy already!

C C & R said...

Congratulations!

John and Jessica said...

That's a really good hobby to have... it's one of mine too. It's slowed down a bit since we got this place but it's fun. LOL :)

How nice that you will be able to stay in your ward and everything. Good luck with everything, I hope you sell soon! How are you feeling btw?

Anonymous said...

What a fun adventure to experience together. I hope all goes well with selling your condo. Also, I can't wait to find out the sex of baby #2!

Marie said...

So, Dan, you are feeling a little guilty for not going to the reunion, eh? YOU SHOULD, YOU BUTT! I was really hoping I would see you there. It's been way too long!

OK, now I'll be nice: Congrats on your baby-to-be!

Sara T. said...

Ahh I'm so glad to see your staying in the same stake/ward! Our new place is in the same stake which was a huge plus for me because I really don't even want to leave the ward but we have an awesome stake so I am glad we can stay in that. It is so exciting getting a new home I am so excited for you guys so many big awesome changes you guy deserve them!