Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rough Start

Today was one of "those days." I'm not looking for sympathy, or even a, "Yeah, just wait. It gets worse." I just wanted to document a little about today so I can look back and laugh at it. Because yes, I'm sure things WILL get worse. I think pregnancy might have exaggerated things in my mind too. :)

8:45- Get McKenna out of bed. She had already been awake for a while but was pleasantly chatting and singing away to herself.
9:00- Start breakfast.
By 10:00 McKenna had done the following things--ON PURPOSE (and most with a SMILE on her face)!!!
  • Dumped out cereal bowl
  • Slammed cupboards X10
  • Colored on the wall (pencil luckily)
  • Grabbed and threw mommies glasses (when I'm trying to discipline her)
  • Stomped on a few DVD cases
...All while I'm trying to clean up breakfast and get ready to go for our morning walk. During that time, she usually just plays nicely by herself and doesn't cause any trouble. In her defense, she's recovering from a cold and maybe wanted more attention than normal, but really? Again, some of you might think, "That's nothin'!" But really, this is one of the first times I've had to deal with her being this naughty, this early in the day, intentionally!

Later, I tried to think of the good things she's done today too. :)
  • Happy at the park
  • Ate a good lunch
  • Took a nice nap
  • After playing with mommy's shoes, she put them away and I asker her to
  • Ate a good dinner
  • Sang her ABCs unprompted (only missing about 6 letters)
  • Answered a question with, "Um, sure!" (using the word "sure" for the first time) :)
That is all. I hope tomorrow morning goes better.
(Saying "cheese!")

9 comments:

Becca said...

I hope tomorrow is fabulously better for you! :) love ya lots, keep going momma! :)

Mindy said...

She sounds like a firecracker. :) But look how adorable she is! So it is all okay! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Sometimes you do have those days... Good attitude though. Looking on the positive side by laughing and still keeping her good qualities in mind. She is a cute kid. Don't send her back yet :)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh...rough days. My space is secured at the funny farm. Have you secured yours yet? The list is LONG, so you must get on it ASAP!! :) It's a dang good thing she's so cute eh?

Sislers said...

I hear ya...Renton is getting to know "time-out" very well :P
Ours is just the opposite...the more tired he gets the worse he is, and it's very much "on purpose"

Emma said...

I had one of those days yesterday morning... and yes being pregnant makes everything seem worse!

Heather said...

Oh do I sympathize with you! Spencer is just a pill some days...can't wait to deal with a toddler and newborn. How are we going to survive?!

Melissa said...

Just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming, swimming.....

Mickellerox said...

But look at that precious cheese! Love that little stinker, and love you! :)