Sunday, April 13, 2014

March- Week 3

Morning scripture study memories
Sibling love. 
All ready to go outside for an evening walk.  My sister said she looks like an old lady with her crocheted sweater, all ready for tennis. :) 
Sunday morning spooning.
Our St. Patrick's Day dinner: rainbow fruit, green milk, and green pasta sauce.

And we all wore green that day. :) 
McKenna's new favorite way to play with Anna.  She's only gotten puked on once so far.  

BIG NEWS happened this week: This boy went #2 in the potty!  This race track was his prize!  And this was the face I got when I told him to "smile big."  He'd had #1 down for a few weeks.  We had it reaffirmed to us that, no matter how many potty training methods and strategies you try, it has to be HIS idea!  Way to go big boy Ben! 
Just some cute tongue action. 
The big kids still often ask to hold Anna.
MORE BIG NEWS: This girl moved up a level in gymnastics.  Her teachers had been telling me for a few weeks she was getting so close to passing off all her skills.  This particular day, Dan took off work and took her to gymnastics and I stayed home.  I had the thought, "I wonder if it will happen today..."  And sure enough, it did and I missed it!  Dan said they had her stand on a podium, they played some cool music, and they gave her this ribbon.  I asked if he took any pictures?  His replied, "No, but that would have been a good thing to do."  Arg! ;)  Oh well.  There's always next time!
We've been babysitting cousins Eli and Lola once a week for the last couple of weeks.  Ben and Eli had a great sword fight one day.  
McKenna drew all the Doc McStuffins characters and copied their names.  Pretty cute work! 
(Doc, Chilly, Hallie, Stuffey, Lambie)
We walked McKenna to a friend's birthday party and stopped to play with a neighbor who was out doing some yard work.  Don't worry... three year olds behind the wheel are perfectly safe!
Dan went out of town this weekend for a good friend's wedding in Oklahoma.  He was only gone a little less than 48 hours, but I made sure to take cute pictures of the kids to help him not miss us.  :) 
 First time on a swing.  She liked it, I think.  :)

 The Sunday morning Dan got home, Anna had developed a pretty bad cold/cough.  So I took her to Instacare.  They told me she probably had RSV, but they weren't going to test her for it since her lungs actually sounded clear and she's a big, strong, healthy baby otherwise.

Speaking of big babies, I can't resist chunky baby sleeping pictures! 
 Cheeeeeks! 
 The weather is warming up- which means we are outside more! So lovely! 
 Don't know why this got distorted. Still cute.  

6 comments:

Becca said...

Agree with the sister on Anna's old lady tennis outfit...but SO CUTE!!!!! Ben makes the BEST smiles and faces. I love it! Way to go Kenna!!! I might have to ask her to show me some skills when we get there this summer. ;) CHEEKS!!! Big ol' baby cheeks...i wanna squish them. Such cute kids! Glad you are all doing great.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That still shot of McKenna and Anna playing together... I totally thought it was you!!! And "She has only been puked on once" made me laugh out loud :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute kids! I love the cheeks picture of Anna.

Brittany said...

Laura - it looks like you guys are having so much fun! Your kids are growing up so quickly! Oh and those cheeks on Anna! I just want more!

Mickellerox said...

Little baby Ethel, I mean Anna. Time for some canasta at the retirement center! :) Yay for Benny potty training and McKenna leveling up in gymnasties and photo heavy posts with lots of cute kiddos :)

Sibber said...

So fun!! Love these pics! Benny's face is priceless!! Love you all!!