Sunday, June 1, 2014

May- Week 2- Mother's Day

Some cute morning baby babbles

She loves selfies!
Documenting a rough night.  but some sweet snuggles!
McKenna had a fun play date at cousin Whitney's house. 
Mother's day weekend the Webster girls had a fun night out and hotel sleepover!  Unfortunately, I was only able to attend Friday night due to a class I needed to take on Saturday for my teacher's license (more on that later...)  
We went to dinner at Tepanyaki- always delish!  Laurie had to come a bit later due to a house showing.
At the hotel in Ogden, taking a little lactation break. ;)  So glad sweet, 3 week old, baby Ellie could come too!
Then bowling!  This was the first time we've all done it together and it was a blast!  I lost miserably but still had a great time!  Ailin was the bowling champion of the night!
Then Ailin challenged me to a little DDR dance off.  She also won that.  Good times! ;)
While I was at my Saturday class, Dan braved the weekly grocery shopping with ALL 3 kids!  What a guy!  :)  It went quite well because Ben (who is usually the most difficult at times) was like this the whole time.  Out cold using Anna's blanket!  
Later that afternoon, we were chillin' outside.  We just installed this baby swing a week or two ago and so far Ben has used it the most.  
Just a cute napping baby with her feet up.  
Mother's Day was so lovely!  Dan didn't have any church meetings!  And the third hour of church, our Relief Society, gave a spiritual thought, had treats and snacks for us, and we got to socialize.  
I love these little darlings more than anything and there's no other job in the world that I'd rather have!  Being a mom is the BEST!    

Love my goofballs so much!  
And their goofball father! 
My lovely gifts!  
A close up of the card McKenna gave me.  
Funny sleeping picture of Ben.  We have officially made him give up naps!  He would still take a nap every day if I let him.  But we were finding that if he took a nap, no matter what time woke up, he would often come out of his room several times at night and not fall asleep till 10 or 10:30!  It's been a bit of an adjustment for me to have him AND McKenna awake during nap time/quiet time, but it's for the better in the long run so Dan and I can have more "us" time.  
The May anniversaries at the Nelson Family Party.  
Also noteworthy this month, it's time for me to renew my teacher's license.  I have to renew every 5 years by getting 200 relicensure points.  You earn said points by substituting, taking classes, volunteering, etc.  I started adding up my points mid April and realized I was about 55 points short of my 200!  Oops!  So I called my previous principle and asked if there was anything I could do to help the school AND get my points.  He said I could help administer the end of the year DIBELS reading tests.  Hooray!  So for about 3 1/2 weeks, I put in 2-3 hours everyday.  My friends, family, and neighbors were SO nice to help babysit so much!!  

4 comments:

Becca said...

And how much does a sleeping kid cost?? ;) Yay for keeping up with the teaching!!! I absolutely LOVE the crazy pictures of you with the kids and then with Dan in there too! :)

Mickellerox said...

Cute morning selfies, and it's a good thing so many of you wore stripes to your outing so you could keep track of each other. McKenna's card is so sweet, and the pic of Ben sleeping on the love seat makes him look like he's getting ready to play hide and seek :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I wanna hold her! Cute baby!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Also, while I commend Dan for going to the grocery store with 3 kids by himself, I think he cheated with a sleeping child. That really doesn't count. And I have 2 questions for him: 1) How did little Benny get comfortable like that? Yuck! And 2) How did he fit everything in the cart around him? I am impressed!