Saturday, June 14, 2014

May- Week 4 Part 1- PS Grad and 30th BD!

 McKenna had her preschool graduation on May 22nd.  
 We loved having Ms. Brandie teach her this year!  She lives in the neighborhood and has taught for 10+ years!  
Sitting next to her good friend Brooke.
 Keeping ourselves entertained with selfies. :)

 The teacher read a little spotlight about each child.  
Favorites:
Color- blue, red, pink, purple
Snack- fishy crackers, marshmallows, rice crispy treats
Book- Halloween Princess and Snow White
Arts and Crafts Project- color math and popcorn tree
Field Trip- fire station and pumpkin patch

 Watching their Preschool slideshow video.  
 So proud of this girl! 
 Thank you to Grandma for coming too!  
 With some more friends.  
 The next day was my 30th birthday!  About two days before I started feeling like I needed to do something "epic" to say good-bye to my 20s.  So keep reading to find out what I did. ;) 
I started the day by opening some lovely gifts and cards from my family.  
Then, I was treated to Kneaders french toast for breakfast with my sister and brother!  So delicious!  Then my brother was nice enough to take the younger two kids home while my sister treated me to a pedicure!  McKenna came to watch.  I chose the color Pretty Petunia.  

 Later that evening, we went to a park in Salt Lake and had a lovely pizza picnic then played a little.  


We planned to go to Ugurt after for a treat.  As we parked, I noticed Dan's sister's car right next to us, and my brother standing inside Ugurt.  All I thought was, "That's nice.  Some of my family knew it's my birthday and knew we were coming here so they came too.  Cool!"  Then, as we were walking up to the shop, McKenna said, "Oh yeah mom!  There's lots of people in there that we know!"  I was confused at first and then, SURPRISE!!  Dan had totally planned a surprise party for me with some of my family and friends from our neighborhood!  Thanks honey!! 


Lewises, Novaks, Grandpa
Holdstocks, Asays
Mortensens, Clouds
Family

The Wests, Koldewyns, and Mudrows also came later

Such a wonderful evening and birthday spent with the ones I love!  
More birthday celebrating to be continued... 

4 comments:

Hksedwick said...

I love the excited faces watching the slides how. Also, happy birthday! Good job Dan for making it "epic"!

Becca said...

Aw, what a great day!!! Happy Birthday!!! So glad you got to celebrate the big 3-0 with so many of your friends and family!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Surprise birthday party? Awesome :)

Mickellerox said...

Duh duh duh HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I like how in the family pics at the park the first one everyone seemed to be smiling and then the second one everyone seemed to be making a face. Even Anna was in on it! :)