Tuesday, June 17, 2014

May- Week 4 Part 2- More 30th BD, Memorial Day, and Chocolate Exhibit!

Saturday Dan's parents took us out for a dinner for my birthday at a fun restaurant just a little ways up Ogden Canyon called Timbermine.  It's definitely the place to go if you want a cool ambience.  It's very dark inside, just like a real mine.  

Just testing to see if it's real gold.

Here comes the "EPIC" part of my birthday.  I'm WAY too chicken to go skydiving for real...but there is an alternative.  iFly- Indoor skydiving! 
Getting all suited up after watching a brief training. 
Watching the first people go.  This was the only time I got kind of nervous. 
The wind is blowing so hard on you (about 100mph) that it really just kind of felt like you're in a harness.  I didn't know the instructor had let go of me until I turned around and saw him.  You can't hear anything in the wind tunnel, so they use hand signals to tell you how to get your body in the right flying position.  


Dan's turn!  They tell you to just lean forward and "fall" into the tunnel, then open up your body to the proper position.  



My second turn.  

The instructor told us beforehand that if we were doing a good job and had some extra time, he would take us for a ride.  So much screaming and so much fun! 

Dan's second turn.  


We each got two minutes in the the tunnel, and it was a blast!  Thanks SO SO much to Dan's parents for the "EPIC" birthday celebration!! 

Sunday, before church, the kids were doing some reading while I nursed Anna.  
After church, we headed up to Mantua to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday with some of Dan's family.  We had a lovely dinner and the family sang to me for my birthday.  Dessert was peach cobbler, not the best for putting candles in.  So I blew out this one.  Nice photobomb, Adam!  
After dinner, we walked up to the cemetery to visit Dan's Webster grandparents.    

The next morning, Grandma and Brynn took all the boys for a ranger ride and a stop at the park while they were waiting for the General Store to open.  


Aunt Lara is always so sweet to paint so many cute toesies! 
She also led the kids a little pre-swimming stretching. 
Later that afternoon, more cemeteries were visited.  
The Whites are Dan's Grandmother's family.  


We had a delicious BBQ that evening with banana split funnel cakes for dessert!  A-Mazing! 
Dan and I slept over one more night and enjoyed the place to ourselves the day after Memorial Day.  
At breakfast, I left Anna unattended with the yogurt too close to her reach.  She had a great time playing in it while I was away!  I, however, did not enjoy the clean up! 
May 28th, we got to attend the Natural History Museum for free, thanks to Dan's perks of being a faculty member at the U (he supervises interns from the Bachelor's of Social Work program). 
The main exhibit we wanted to see was all about chocolate!!
McKenna got to try grinding some cocoa beans.  

I thought it was a pretty interesting exhibit all about the history of chocolate and how it's made.  They had a tasting but it was too late for us to stick around for.  
We got to explore a little more throughout the rest of the museum too.  The kids definitely liked the dinosaur bones! 




I tell you what, this little girl adores her daddy!  
This picture was taken less than five minutes after Dan got home from work.  They kinda miss him when he's gone!  :) 
I can't remember when this was taken, but he's still falling asleep at random times during the day if he sits still long enough.  Pretty cute! 
And a quick little photo shoot with Anna- 11 months old! 



AND- She's officially crawling! 

4 comments:

Becca said...

What a FUN birthday thing to do!!! I would be scared i think...but maybe i would do it. :) Cute kiddos!!!

Alyson said...

Fun fun fun! I would love to go skydiving, but I would not love to leave my children motherless. Maybe this would be a good compromise. And Mantua always looks like a good time!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Such a cutie that Anna! And the pictures with the kids an Dan are awesome :) Totes jelly of your epic bday!

Mickellerox said...

3 things:
#1 - I am almost sure that in the picture of Anna in the baby bjorn on Dan's chest that Anna is flipping baby's first birdie! :)
#2 - I wish I had that much fun, even one time, with yogurt
#3 - In the picture of the kids in the dino footprint, I could've sworn that was a teeny, tiny Jonathan next to McKenna :)