Monday, July 13, 2015

July- Week 1- Amelia, 4th of July, Bee's Game

Wednesday, July 1, one of my dear friends and BYU roommates, Katie, happened to be in town.  She was nice enough to take time out of her busy schedule and swing by for an hour visit or so.  Thanks Spencer family!  It was so fun to meet their new baby Hugh as well!  (Ben was too grouchy to be pictured.)

That evening, we had a new niece born!  Amelia Webster!  Adam and Pidi already make such fine parents!!  

Being at the hospital got me so giddy and excited for our little one.  It was also nice to have a little shelf for baby Amelia to rest on.  :)
Thursday was our last day of swim lessons.  Both kids were recommended to repeat the same level they were in, but I am so proud of the progress they made!  



I also had a doctor's appt in the afternoon.  It was my second check for dilation and I was still only a .5cm and maybe 50%.  Sloooooow progress.  
That evening I took McKenna on another date to see a play.  This time, it was to see a friend of ours from the ward/neighborhood who was in CenterPoint Theater's The King and I.  Once again, a very well done play and our friend Ayla was so great as one of the King's daughters.  
That night, Dan camped out in the yard with the two older kids.  In spite of 100+ degree temps during the day, he said McKenna actually got a little cold that night.  He's pretty sure a deer was walking around them in the middle of the night.  Let's hope it was just a deer.  
Friday, Dan had the day off in observance of the 4th of July.  We ate breakfast and then took Ben over to Grandma Sibber's house for the (little) grandson activity day.  (She does a sleep over with the older grandsons.  These guys are still just not quite ready for that.)  Ben had a blast.  She had every thing cowboy/western themed.  



They watched a movie, did arts and crafts, built with Lincoln Logs, and had a yummy lunch.  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for making these boys feel so special!! 
While Ben was gone, we took the girls over to the hospital to meet baby Amelia!  Anna loved it so much she almost didn't give me another turn.  

We went swimming at a neighbor's house in the afternoon, then everyone took naps.  In the evening, we had dinner at Cafe Rio with my parents.  Then we headed up to Dan's parent's cul de sac to do fireworks, eat popsicles, visit with neighbors, and then watched the Eaglewood golf course fireworks. 

Saturday, the 4th of July, we spent the morning doing things around the house and grocery shopping.  Then we headed to Midway for the Nelson Family Party/reunion.  
Fun rides on the surrey.    
The kids decorated their bikes for the bike parade and did much better riding in it this year than ever before! 

There were also games like a sponge relay, basketball shooting, hula hooping, and water balloon volleyball.  I sat on a blanket in the shade most of the time trying to stay cool and feeding Anna snacks to keep her happy.


We had a delicious dinner then headed home for bath and bed time at a semi-regular hour.  (Too many late nights in a row.)

Sunday, 38 Weeks! 

Sunday afternoon, McKenna and I went with my parents to visit my Grandpa Thompson.  His health continued to decline rapidly and we weren't sure how much longer he would be with us.  He wasn't responsive at all and just laid there.  We held his hand a little and gave him hugs and kisses.  I was so thankful I had visited with him a few weeks before!  He ended up passing away peacefully the next morning.  More on the funeral later.  
Monday, we finally had a landscaping company come out to grade the weed bed we're turing into grass.  
McKenna also had her sewing class and finished her bandana quilt.  She also did a little hand-sewing project seen in the picture.  
In the evening, we went to the Bee's game!  
Walking into the game, I loved Anna holding onto Dan's cheeks.  
We got there early enough the kids got to ride the train.  
Got some yummy hot dogs and the weather was amazing!  
We made it all the way through the 7th inning, then called it a night.  I had to post both of these pictures to show Anna's "monkey see, monkey do" to Ben sticking his tongue out.  
Tuesday, my sister Emily flew in from Alabama for the Funeral.  
Anna was super snuggly after waking up from her nap.  I think she's going to miss this nice shelf to rest on.  

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Your busy life amazes me! And I want a surrey.

Becca said...

I agree with Emily, your busy life amazes me too. I love that Benny boy! His smile is just so great. :)