Monday, November 30, 2015

Nov- Week 2- Primary Program, Mouse, Disney on Ice

Sunday we had our Primary Program.  The kids did great on their parts and sang so beautifully.  Ben even had a little solo. 
I recorded it during the Saturday practice.  :)  (When he was first learning this line of the song, he would sing "His truth I will complain."  I didn't correct him, but eventually he figured it out.  

That night at Webster family dinner all the kids had a dance party.  

Monday was a pretty significant day for me!  After coming home from visiting teaching I was headed to the sink to refill my water bottle and Ben was right next to me in the kitchen.  He saw something moving out of the corner of his eye and alerted me to it.  I looked and saw a MOUSE scurry under our dishwasher!!  I screamed and freaked out A LOT!! I quickly lifted Ben out of the kitchen and onto the couch.  Later he told me my screaming scared him more than the actual mouse.  It took me a good long time to calm down and gather my thoughts.  

I called Dan, he told me to try to block off the area and then leave the house for a while so I could calm down.  We went out for lunch then returned and I just did a lot of stomping around to keep the mouse scared and hidden away.  That evening we attended the Nelson Family BD party and I was very thankful I didn't have to be in the kitchen making dinner.  Later, Dan came home, cleaned out mouse droppings he found under our sink, and in our pantry and set 4 mouse traps.  
I enjoyed this tiny lady to keep me distracted,  
Thank Heaven on Tuesday evening we CAUGHT the mouse in our patio room!!  Haven't seen another one since and we plugged up what we're pretty sure was the entrance. Dan's my hero!
Anna dressed up as Anna. ;)  
She loved singing along!  I was surprised at how on pitch she was. 
Not to be out done, Ben had his little moment to shine.  What a goof!

I love these smiles at breakfast time where, as soon as I acknowledge her presence, she wiggles so much with glee!
Bethany was getting the hang of catching this toy and pulling it to her mouth! 

She had a blowout in the middle of lunch, so we had to spend a little time naked until mom could get some more clothes.  
Tuesday I also tried my first dinner in a pumpkin recipe.  Dan and I loved it!  On the other hand, anything new for the kids will take a few more tries for them to like it. 
Wednesday I did some visiting teaching in the evening.
After baths Ben put on these Utah jammie pants and wanted me to text a picture to our friend in the ward who handed them down to us.  She has two boys just older than Ben so we get some amazing hand-me-downs that he loves!  Thank you to the Holdstock family! 
Thursday morning snuggles! 

Thursday evening Dan and I attended our Stake High Priest meeting and dinner.  The food was catered by our Bishop and was amazing as usual!
Friday Dan helped Bishop with a funeral for a neighbor.
Anna is getting good at making Bethany smile too. 
Friday evening I was lucky enough to take the girls to Disney on Ice using some tickets Dan got through work.  
The princesses LOVED it!!
It was so fun to watch Anna's face especially.  
The blue face shows she was a little scared during the old woman part of Snow White. 
This was during the finale.  I might have teared up a little watching her light up with joy!  Guess it's time to go to Disneyland again. ;)  
Ben got to go on a date with Dan to go shoe shopping and then some treats at Swig.  

Saturday was a busy day.  Dan and I attended the temple in the morning with our ward.  Then McKenna, my sister, my mom and I (and Bethany) attended a baby shower for one of my cousins.  Later that night we went out to dinner with my parents, then Dan took the older three kids home while Bethany and I, along with my parents and sister went to Highland High's production of Pippin' to see two of my cousins perform.  They did such a great job!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my goodness the mouse story cracked me up!!! Completely laughing out loud, but because I would totally have the same reaction (I think I did with any cockroach in Congo!). Glad Dan could come to the rescue!!! heehee. :)

Kelly Thompson said...

There it is! Your new family portrait! Love all of those special people. You have captured your busy life so well - complete with Mouse Story. Honestly! I don't know how you do it. I'm tired just trying to mentally keep up with your schedule. You go about your life with such grace and ease. Even with the "Mouse Twaps" - "Don't Touch!" Love You Guys!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

We have the same dress Kenna has! Ben's solo is awesome! And I wouldn't have corrected him either. That nakie pic of Bethany is so precious. And Anna singing is super great! Love it!

Hksedwick said...

I was picturing you screaming about the mouse and it cracked me up! Charlotte's part was assigned and she said, "this is the great repostasy" I didn't correct her either and smiled so big when she said it over the pulpit