Sunday, April 16, 2017

Feb '17- Weeks 3 and 4- Preschool Letter Tt and Vv, Mantua, President's Day, Tree on our Roof, Temple Date, Capitol Tour, Ben 6 yr old Check,

Wednesday I picked up groceries while Ben and Anna were at Gymnastics.  Later, for some reason, McKenna was so sad and tired when it came time for her piano lesson that she just couldn't bring herself to go.  I also worked a lot on organizing and decluttering the desk and kitchen counters.  

Thursday Anna had preschool and learned about the letter Tt.  They made and played with trains!
I spent the morning cleaning and prepping to host my sisters-in-law for lunch! 
Grandma, Sam and Hailey, Brynn, and Laurie all came.  I made an Oriental chicken salad, grapes, and a mushroom asparagus appetizer.  The kids ate chicken nuggets and watched Peter Pan.  

Friday I babysat Oliver and Ellie in the morning.  I went to ladies lunch with a rather small group.  Then, that afternoon we packed and headed to Mantua for a sleep over with some ward friends! 
We invited the Wades (John and Emily), the Behunins (Nate and Kylee), the Days (Steven and Erica), and the McKameys (Russ and Brigette).  We had pizza for dinner.  Then after kids went to bed we played the newlywed game and again Dan and I didn't do well!  The Days had to leave late Friday night.

Saturday morning we made a big breakfast of pancakes, fruit, and bacon.  We just enjoyed talking, playing games, and being together.  After lunch Dan took the kids on a Ranger ride.  We cleaned up and left by 4:15.  
After we got home and kids were in bed, Dan and I had a great discussion about forgiveness and I realized I have been needing to work on and improve some things in my life in regards to that principle.    

Sunday Bethany still hated to be in nursery alone.  McKenna sat with Dan on the stand.  After dinner we played games as a family.  

Monday there was no school due to President's Day.  I tried to set up a park day with friends but it was too cold and windy.  So we got Dan's church keys and went to play in the church gym.  We ended up having 8 moms and 25+ kids come play, ride bikes and scooters, and generally burn off some energy! 

That afternoon I vacuumed and cleaned out the van.  Felt so good! 
 In the evening we babysat Amelia for a little bit.  After the kids were in bed, I was at our desk in the kitchen working on my UEN class and we could hear strong gusts of wind blowing outside.  
During a particularly strong gust, all of the sudden we heard a loud crash!  Since we knew we had a dead tree that had been leaning for a while, we pretty much knew what had happened.  And since the loud crash was right above where I was sitting at the desk, I BOLTED across the kitchen and into the family room where Dan had to hold me and calm me down.  I totally had visions and thoughts that  the tree was going to come through the roof and land on me! No fun.  
Thankfully the base of the tree only had a diameter about the size of a basketball.  And also thankfully, it landed on the roof that was just past the exterior wall of the house.  
There was one hole punctured through the roof that we filled with tar and "patched" it up that way.  
Tuesday my kids also didn't have school.  Anna went to preschool and McKayla Searle's birthday.  Dan worked on clearing the tree off the roof with our neighbor Jared Kump who was so nice to volunteer his help! Ben even got to climb a little on the roof and was pretty excited about that.  

Bethany took a nap that day at Grandma's house while we took the older three for $5 movie Tuesdays and saw the "Lego Batman" movie!  
We also had to take a picture in front of the Power Rangers poster.  
Wednesday I worked on my UEN class final project.  I had to teach a financial literacy lesson to some kids, so I chose to use my own.  I taught about scarcity by discussing the story "The Mitten."  

Thursday we had some snow.  I also had a girls camp meeting, and then attended the Bishops' Wives luncheon at Dan's mom's house.  Brynn was so sweet to babysit my kids and got this picture of Bethany adoring baby Charlie.  
The luncheon not only had delicious food, but we were able to relate to one another.  It was wonderful to know that all those women have felt the same things I have in the short time I've been a Bishop's wife.  Dan's mom gave a sweet spiritual thought about finding JOY as we support and sustain our husbands.  
My sweet friend Melissa brought over some homemade bread that day...SOO GOOOOD!!
 Bethany got into the paperclips and enjoyed "swimming" in them while I made dinner.  
Friday I did a bunch of planning and calendaring in the morning and put out St. Patrick's day decor.  
That afternoon Dan went to Mantua with the Teacher's Quorum.  I took the kids to the Cub Scout fundraiser Luau dinner.  Sweet Sister Freebarin noticed I was by myself and came to help me get my kids' plates of food.  :)  

Saturday Ben and Anna went to open gym then after grocery shopping the kids tried to do a little sledding and playing in the snow.  Dan got home from Mantua.  We had friends over to play in the afternoon.  Dan and I rearranged our bedroom furniture.  Mickelle came to babysit then Dan and I went on a dinner and Temple date to SLC.  It was a wonderful surprise to meet my cousin Marianne in the Salt Lake Temple as well!  That night the prayer circle was especially meaningful to me.  I heard some very specific counsel and guidance for me concerning forgiveness! 

Sunday church was very crowded due to Sherrie Cope's mission homecoming.  We also had YW New beginnings the third hour of church.  We also celebrated February birthdays at Webster family dinner.  That night McKenna had some major sleep anxiety and was up very late.  Unfortunately that made for a very difficult Monday morning.  

Monday I took McKenna later for school when I went to read with kids in Ben's class.  We babysat Ellie after that so Swa could go to a doctor's appointment.  
Monday night we attended our state representative, Becky Edward's, family night tour of the Capitol.  She takes her own personal time to give families tours of the Utah State Capitol every Monday night while the Legislature is in session.  We went with Dan's sister Brynn and fam as well as two other families with young kids.  Phew!  
Very interesting and informative...and she even lets the kids RUN across the main floor under the rotunda.  

 Tuesday Anna had preschool and learned about the letter Vv--for volcano! 

We also had Ben's 6 year old check up. 
Ben's 6 Year Stats
Height: 45in (2.5in increase in 1 year) 30th percentile 
Weight: 42lbs oz (3lb increase in 1 year) 25th percentile 

That night we planned out a home improvement project for our bedroom!  

No comments: