Monday, April 3, 2017

Jan. '17- Week 4- More Ben's BD, Dan's Esophagus, Anna Letter Q, RS Meeting with Wendy, Temple date, Sledding!

Sunday was a hard day.  In Sacrament meeting, I was really warm and kids were tired and had runny noses.  Bethany also did not let me leave her side in Nursery.  It was also a hard day because Dan got home super late after church due to appointments and Bethany screamed the whole time I was feeding the kids dinner.  Thankfully during dinner, McKenna and Ben could tell I was feeling drained and overwhelmed and they were very helpful!

Monday there was lots of whining and complaining to get ready for school and three of the four kids had runny noses.  I helped with reading in Ben's class. Dan also took the day off work because in the afternoon he went in for a procedure on his esophagus. For about 6-8 months Dan had been having trouble swallowing (mostly meat).  Turns out he had lots of scar tissue from heart burn (that he never felt) that was shrinking the opening to his stomach.  So they took a camera in there first to confirm that diagnosis.  Then, they put in a small balloon to inflate and stretch things out a bit so he can swallow better.  Now he has to be careful not to eat too close to bed time and he takes an antacid regularly.  Dan was home by 3:30 and then rested the rest of the afternoon.  He had a sore throat for a couple days too.  

We got another snow storm in the afternoon.  I decided to brave the storm anyway and take Ben (and Bethany) to the Nelson Family Party because they were celebrating January Birthdays.   
Many of the Nelson children gave memories of Popsy (Grandfather's daddy) since his birthday was in January also.  
Tuesday Anna learned about the letter Q at preschool.  I went visiting teaching and worked on my UEN class.  Dan had appointments in the evening.  
Wednesday Bethany had her 18 month check up.
Bethany's 18 Month Stats
Height: 29.7in (1in increase in 3 months) 3rd percentile (little shrimp)
Weight: 21lbs 8oz (1.5lb increase in 3 months) 30th percentile 
Head: Still 50th percentile
Milestones between 15-18 months
  • By Halloween Bethany was finally walking more than crawling! 
  • Started pointing and nodding
  • 8 teeth total
  • Can follow one-step directions
  • Singing lots (daddy, mama, more, all done, milk, sleep, baby, sad, eat, hot, please [sometimes pats other's chests to say please], pickle)
  • The first two weeks in December she regressed to sleeping like a newborn.  NOT fun!
  • Took a trip to Florida
  • Beginning of January her molars finally started cutting through.  
  • Started saying mama lots!
Thursday we had more snow, and I had a camp meeting with my friend Erica.
Anna also did her own hair for preschool.  
These Queens when shopping with Quarters and they made Q-tips out of toothpicks and marshmallows.  
That evening I attended a stake relief society meeting where Wendy Lee Watson Nelson was the guest speaker!  Dan babysat the Winegar kids so Swa could attend too.  Here they are enjoying rice crispy treats.
One of my favorite messages from the night was from a quote from President Henry B. Eyring when he was only 13 years old.  I can't remember word for word what the quote was, but basically said when we realize who we really are (children of GOD) then we will spend our time better.  I definitely felt inspired to start using my time more wisely! 

Friday I went visiting teaching again and had a great discussion about the RS meeting the night before.  I worked on my grocery list and McKenna had a playdate with Hannah Hilbig in the afternoon.  Ben thought this was hilarious to dress Bethany in his coat! 
Friday night Mickelle babysat while Dan and I went to dinner and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  
It was PACKED since Salt Lake and Jordan River were both closed.  
We enjoyed some cheesecake in the car afterwards.  
Saturday Dan attended a 4 hour training for church given by Elder Bednar!  He said it was incredible and learned a lot! I took the kids grocery shopping and to get a car wash.  

After lunch and Bethany's nap, we went sledding with the Alexander's at the Eaglewood Golf Course.  We picked a pretty big hill and brought a new tube with us and it was a blast!  Bethany stayed at the top of the hill and played with a baby sled.  We only got Anna to go on 2 runs, but she said she still had fun.  

We came home for pizza dinner, baths, and bedtime.  
Sunday we made progress with Bethany at least being excited to go to Nursery, but still cried and cried unless I stayed with her.  :( After church, we babysat Amelia for a little bit.  
The only way she would eat dinner with us was if she sat on McKenna's lap.  It was pretty cute and McKenna expressed how tricky it was to eat with a kid on her lap.  ;) I also went to stake choir once Dan got home.  
Monday morning I organized toys and the kids' dress ups.  Dan came home early that afternoon by 4pm.  After dinner and FHE Dan attended a missionary discussion for a young man who was one of Dan's 11yr old scouts.  
Bethany wore this adorable outfit that looked like it was from the 90s and she discovered her fun pockets.  
I worked on my UEN class that night. 
Tuesday the kids were big into having a dance party, Anna danced "ballet," I worked on my UEN class. 
Bedtime shenanians.  Bethany is a little copycat.   

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I love your kids. They are adorable. The End.