Monday, May 22, 2017

April '17- Week 2- Rock Climbing, Dye Eggs, Numbers and Easter Preschool, TBall, Egg Hunt, Snapchat

Saturday morning we ate and packed up a little.  After that we headed to the Green Valley Gap for some rock climbing.  Melissa Roth was nice enough to bring down all their equipment and teach the kids the basics.  I stayed at the bottom and watched Anna and Bethany and the other little girls.  

Here's McKenna's turn climbing!  
 Now for Ben!  He had no problem scrambling up the rock, but when it came time to rappel down, he kinda froze and it took a while.  
I was so proud of my kids being brave and trying new things! 
Bethany, Brooklyn, Desi and Anna had a blast playing in the dirt! 
We were back to the condo by 2pm then had snacks, cleaned, vacuumed, and loaded up.  We were on the road home by about 3:15pm.  We stopped by the Scipio cemetery to visit my Grandpa Thompson.  (The sun was very bright and it was quite windy.)  
The dive was pretty uneventful until about Point of the Mountain when it started SNOWING!  By the time we pulled into our driveway our grass was totally covered in snow.  The road were thankfully just wet.  Lovely Spring storm to shake things up.  

Sunday we did showers and baths and I made it to choir only 10 mins late.  Bethany was only ok in nursery with me there and ended up sleeping on me the last 30mins of church.  We had a nice dinner, just our family that night and I worked on planning my week and ordering groceries.  

Monday I volunteered in Ben's class while Brynn watched my girls.  I baked some cookies to thank the Alexanders for inviting us to St. George.  We picked up groceries after getting McKenna from school.  For family home evening that night we dyed Easter Eggs!  Cheesy Bethany smile!  
I love that her mind was blown by the changing of colors and she even asked for "more."
 Tuesday I taught about the numbers 1-4 in preschool.  We did a lot of matching and counting.
Ben build an awesome block city! 
Tuesday Ben had his first Tball game!  He's on the same team as his cousins Henry and Oliver! The great thing about Tball is they don't keep score of runs or outs.  They just give everyone a chance to hit and kinda rotate who plays where on the infield.  Lot of fun to watch too!
Tuesday night I also worked on setting up my new iPhone!  I got a 6s with 32GB of storage instead of the crazy 5GB I had before!  So exciting!

Wednesday was a pretty normal day with some beautiful weather.  I played baseball with Ben in the yard and all three kids got to play in Jerry's tree house for a bit.  I also took dinner to Ann Marie and Cory Birkholz and saw their brand new tiny baby boy! Dan took his crutches to his friend Ryan Spencer who tore his MCL and ACL skiing.  

Thursday we did some Easter/Spring activities in preschool.  
Afterwards, we met Brynn and Laurie at a park for a picnic lunch.  It was really windy, but thankfully not very cold.  Grandma also joined us for lunch.  (I need to take more pictures of my kids with their cousins...)
We had another Tball game that night.  These girls love to go off by themselves so they won't get so bored.  
We went to Arctic Circle afterwards for courtesy cones.  
After kids were in bed I worked on some new pictures frames to hang in my newly painted room.  

Friday I worked on a grocery list.  I think Bethany had heard me talking to Anna about potty training and actually motioned for me to dump her poop from her diaper into the potty.  Kinda funny Bethany seemed to have more interest in the potty than Anna.  
I cut up strawberries to take to Ladies Lunch and found this GIANT!  
Ben and Anna played at the Alexander's and after McKenna got home we went to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt at the Holdstock's!  


We had pizza and movie night as a family (we watched Storkes).  I was super thankful for relaxing family time! 

With my new phone and memory space came the Snapchat app!  I don't actually share stuff on the app, but I think the filters and voice changing videos are so funny!  

No comments: