Sunday, May 7, 2017

March '17- Week 3- Park Days, Joe's Play, Dylan's Baptism, NFBD, Getting Ready for DC.

Wednesday, after picking Ben up from school, we went walking with Swa on Bountiful Blvd, then we headed straight to gymnastics.   In the afternoon Desi and Jordan were here to play.  Ben also went to our neighbor, Asha Wade's birthday party and McKenna had Activity Days.  

Thursday Dan was able to stay home for a bit in the morning and put on a second coat of paint on our bedroom walls.  We were supposed to have done it the night before, but I forgot to buy the paint the day before.  I also had a meeting with Erica about girls camp. At preschool, Anna got to celebrate both St. Patrick's Day and Desi's 4th birthday! 
For lunch, we packed a picnic and played at Tunnel Springs Park with cousins! 
Aunt Lara brought her nice camera and got some great shots! 
That night Dan put on the electrical plate covers and we unfortunately found out that the two coats of paint we put on the new doors and the two coats on the door frames, made the new doors no longer fit at all!  Grrrrr!  

Friday morning Dan called around to 3-4 places and finally found someone that would cut down the new doors so they would fit!  I went visiting teaching to Shelly Jaynes and then we brought home her daughter Lizzy to play with Anna for a bit.  We also babysat cousin Ellie then went to Ladies Lunch at church.  After school, I took the older three kids to see cousin Joseph in his school's Beauty and the Beast play.  He was a towns person, a wolf, and an enchanted fork.  All the kids in that play did so great! 
After the play we went to Bountiful city park for fast food dinner and playing with so many cousins!  (All but Jake's and David's families.)
After kids were in bed Dan was able to hang the newly cut-to-fit and repainted doors, new towel racks, and put the light fixtures back on.  I cleaned our bathroom.   

Saturday Dan and Ben helped with the scouting for food drive and then did some yard work.  I got groceries with the girls then got my haircut.
Our nephew Dylan got baptized in Alabama!  So proud of him and his righteous choice!  Sad we couldn't be there.  
We worked on moving furniture back in our room in the afternoon!  Both boys got haircuts then we had leftovers for dinner and did showers/baths.  I painted all the girls fingernails and we put them to bed.  We did more vacuuming, cleaning, and paint touch-ups in Anna's room.  Unfortunately, the color didn't quite match as we had hoped.  

Sunday I got really ambitious and we WALKED to church!  The relief society sang Love At Home in Sacrament meeting and I felt such power to be surrounded by all those wonderful women who I look up to and who are striving to teach their families to have love at home!  Bethany still struggled to go to nursery.  Walking home wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, meaning the kids didn't whine too much.  :)  We had a nice family dinner then I went to the airport to pick up my sister after she flew in from Alabama.  
Silly Bethany put her babies like this while I was making dinner.  
Monday I volunteered in Ben's class while Swa babysat my girls.  Then I went to the paint store to have Anna's room paint color mixed to see if we could get it to match better.  Unfortunately, we had no such luck.  That night we went to the Nelson Family Birthday Party! 
After kids were in bed we moved Anna's bedroom furniture back so she could sleep in her room again.  The paint never ended up matching very well, but that will have to be a fix for later.  
Tuesday was a big day to pack and get organized because Dan and I were leaving the next day for a trip to Washington DC for his work.  I cleaned off kitchen counters, layed out my clothes, got the kids' stuff ready and let Anna and Bethany play for a few minutes at Amy Hamblin's house so they could get used to Amy and their home (they would be staying there for two days but hardly knew who she was.)

That night after dinner my brother, sister and DAD came over.  My dad was in town for meetings and we only got to see him briefly that evening.  We skyped Grandma and then gave the kids baths.  
I had a hard time putting Bethany to bed that night because she was being so dang cute.  She kept patting next to her signaling for everyone to come sit by her! She had total control of us and loved every minute!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That pic of Bethany at the park by Auntie Lara is great! And she is so proud of her strainer beds!