Tuesday, May 23, 2017

April '17- Week 4- LPM Recital, Moms At Hip Hop, Dentist, Tball, Underwear for Anna, Jazz Game

Saturday morning I ran 2 miles and cleaned up while Dan took the kids to open gym and picked up groceries then we went to Brittana Alexander's baptism!  We're so grateful to have the Alexanders as our friends!  


Brittana's Grandma Jyl Marsden gave probably one of the best talks I've ever heard about being born again!  Brittana giggled through most of her confirmation and said she didn't know why.  I think she just felt the spirit super strong and didn't know how to contain that joy!  We went to the luncheon afterwards.  When we got home, Dan' mowed the lawn and I worked on inside organization.  

We left around 3 for Ben's Let's Play Music recital!  He had a small class this semester and continued to make great progress!  He was mostly very serious during the performance but was still the only one dancing during one of his songs.  
Turtle Shells featuring Ben playing the intervals! 
Music Alphabet
If I Practice Every Day
After the recital we let the kids play at a nearby park for a bit.  We then went home, had leftovers for dinner, did baths and bedtime, and Dan went over his lesson for the combine youth for Sunday.  

Sunday morning after breakfast the kids played so well together for a very long time.  It was so nice.  Anna seemed to not be feeling well right before church and maybe had a low fever.  So I gave her meds right away and she was fine the rest of the day.  I substituted in primary and took these pictures of my cute kids being helpers!  
The best news of the day was that Bethany stayed in Nursery the whole time by herself!  The leaders were so great and endured her crying for a good 15 mins but she finally calmed down!! 
We had Adam, Amelia, and Mickelle over for dinner that night.  Dan and I watched the Jazz game and went to bed.  

Monday Brynn babysat the girls while I volunteered in Ben's class.  I then babysat Ivy Roth for most of the day.  We also had Avery Cardall, Taggart Lewis, and Camille over for play dates later.  We went to the Nelson Family Party that evening. 

Tuesday I went visiting teaching to Shelly.  In the afternoon I attended McKenna's dance class with her as part of parent appreciation week!  It was so fun and even more fun to have neighbors there!  


McKenna was so cute and said I didn't even embarrass her.  She also had some great follow-up questions like, "Was it what you expected?  Was there anything that surprised you?"  

Wednesday the kids all had dentist appointments and I'm thankful to report there were NO cavities!  They always have such a good time there!  
McKenna had piano and Ben had a playdate with his friend Sam from school.  We also had the Dandurands over for dinner that night.  They have no kitchen due to a burst pipe and they had to tear everything out!  That evening Dan sat on a panel for our Stake Standards Night and answered some pretty deep and intense questions from our youth.  

Thursday I had a girls camp meeting with Erica Day and found out she's pregnant!  After that meeting, I took Anna to the store to buy new underwear because we were going to "run out of diapers" and it was her suggestion get new undies.  Dan and I decided to create a "crisis" and follow her lead and see what she would do.  So when she said we buy new underwear, we buy new underwear!  She chose Elena of Avalor! She also had a big week at preschool and wrote all her numbers without any help from the teacher.  
I also saw this darling little avatar from Starfall.com that Anna created.  She is dressed in all pink and even had pink hair in cornrows!  
Thursday afternoon I made anzac biscuits with Ben.  They are Australian cookies for his special 7 continents activity.  That night we had another Tball game that was a little cold.  
Aunt Lara came and took some awesome pictures though! 



Friday I asked Ben to go play with Bethany before school and he climbed on in the crib to read to her.   She was pretty pleased about it.  Ben also made a pokemon ball out of Legos by following some instructions he found online.  Such a smarty!  
Friday I also went to Ben's classroom to help present about the Australian continent for their culminating activity.  I also happened to snow that day.  Dan was home with the girls while I was at the school in the morning. After lunch, he gave me an early Mother's Day present and I went shopping for a new bra by myself!  Brittana and Desi came over to play in the afternoon and we also "ran out of Anna's diapers!"  It took a little bit of practice and coaching, but Anna for most part got the hang of #1 AND #2  in the potty very quickly!  
Dan was lucky enough to attend the Jazz playoff game that night with Sam and Adam.  We didn't win that night, but we did end up winning that series.  
Saturday was a normal morning of running errands.  Then my sister came to babysit and we had a marathon date!  We went to the temple and got to be the witness couple.  We ate a hole in the wall Afghan cuisine place downtown before heading to a cousin's wedding reception at Memory Grove.  Such a great night to be together!  

Sunday I introduced the kids to the "Parent Trap" movie and they liked it.  Dan did an excellent job teaching the 3rd hour to all the combined adults about testimonies and relationships.  Anna had to learn the hard way about how to hold up your dress while going pee in the big potty.  But again, she was catching on really quickly to this potty thing!  She even wears underwear at night and stays dry as long as we wake her up before we go to bed!  After kids were in bed that night, we watched "Arrival" with my sister.  

No comments: