Tuesday, May 23, 2017

April '17- Week 3- Top Golf, Easter Sunday, Bethany Talking Video, Bethany Sick, Tunnel Springs Park

Saturday morning our Easter Bunny came!  
Bethany had a bit of a rough start, but she warmed up to the candy quickly! 

After our festivities, I went to Top Golf with the Webster women!  It was our Christmas present to Dan's mom.  The food was yummy, the company was fabulous, 
and I actually wasn't the worst golfer!  ;)  Hooray! 

While I was gone, Dan took the kids to the Legacy House of Bountiful Easter Egg Hunt at the Bountiful Tabernacle.  Lots of cousins were there too.  
When I got home, Dan went to help with the priests aerating fundraiser.  
I worked in the kitchen for what seemed like the rest of the afternoon.  I cut up fruit, divided up some chicken, fed the kids lunch, made rice krispie treats, did dishes, and cleaned up all the messes I made.  McKenna played at the Alexander's, then we picked up groceries after Bethany's nap.  That evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa Webster's house for our Webster Easter dinner and candy hunt.  
Everyone waiting to be let in! 
Letting the little kids go first!



 All the cousins!  

We also took an updated Webster family picture!  So blessed to live so close to our extended family and that our kids can have such close relationships with their cousins! 
Dan took a selfie during the family picture and it appears only two people noticed.  
 Easter Sunday we had a lovely family breakfast and then had a nice Easter lesson, watched a couple church videos, then made to church in time for me to practice with the choir.  I also had a nice chat with one of our nursery leaders about how we can help Bethany adjust to nursery better.  Ben, unfortunately, wasn't feeling too well and ended up with a fever.  He slept most of Sacrament Meeting and I brought him home after that while Mickelle stayed with the other kids at church.  


That evening Jonathan came over as well and we had a nice Easter dinner and played games afterwards.   
Monday I went walking with my friend Rachael and after picking up Ben I did an hour or so of yard work. The kids stayed outside with me but unfortunately played on my phone most of the time.  Ben took these cute pictures among other funny Snapchat videos.  
Bethany found the toilet paper and brought it all into the kitchen.  
But her little naughtiness was made up for with this adorable video.  Just "reading" to her babies! 
Some fun accomplishments by Anna and Ben.  Anna colored this paper in nursery and I think it's the first time I've noticed something other than scribbles.  She drew a rainbow, a sun, and Maui's hook from Moana.  And Ben sorted the Rumikub tiles using symmetry (with the colors)!  
McKenna played at Camille's that afternoon and stayed with them for dinner as well.  
I felt gratitude this day for exercise and nice weather!  

Tuesday I did a workout video.  We read Ben's library book when he got home from school.  
We had a fairly quiet afternoon.  We ate quickly as a family and hustled off to Ben's Tball game which ended up being cancelled as soon as we got there due to lightning and heavy rain.  After kids were in bed, Dan worked on repairing and cleaning out drains in our showers.  What a guy!  So thankful for him! 

Wednesday morning Bethany woke up and was kind of shakey while she ate breakfast.  She ate quickly and then all of the sudden stopped.  I thought that was a little weird so I sat and held her at the kitchen table for a bit.  And it was a good thing I did because she threw up all over me!  Poor thing!  I turned on shows while I cleaned myself and her up.  I rearranged carpools and cancelled gymnastics.  By about 10:30 Bethany had some water and kept it down.  She fell asleep on the floor around 11:30 and I moved her to her crib.  That evening I went with Ben to his final day at his music class.  He sure is loving Let's Play Music!  Anna had preschool Tuesday and Thursday and learned about numbers 5-8.  
Wednesday evening I went to YW to practice for our window washing fundraiser.  Then when I got home we hosted the priests for pizza after they finished their lawn aerating.

Thursday Bethany had a fever of 101 (probably from Ben on Sunday).  Thankfully meds helped keep it down.  I actually had a quite afternoon in my room reading and napping while the kids watched shows.  I also went visiting teaching to Jen Durant after McKenna got home.  After dinner we play outside a little.  After kids were in bed I talked with Dan about a training he attended for work about parenting children who have had "adverse childhood events."  He learned some really good techniques! 

Friday Bethany no longer had a fever but she was super clingy.  Swa babysat the little girls while I volunteered in McKenna's class during their CK Art lesson.  I stayed at Swa's after that, the kids had lunch and played while Brynn, Swa, and I made freezer jam.  

After McKenna got home, we went to Tunnel Springs Park.  I hiked a little with the girls and Dan worked on teaching Ben to ride his bike.  They the kids played for a while.  
The hiking was great because McKenna didn't really want to go and complained for the first 5 mins or so and then she seemed to enjoy herself and there was zero complaining.  Anna even lead the way a couple times.  We heard some lovely meadow larks as well.  
We went to 5 Guys for dinner as a family and then Redboxed "Sing!" 

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Cleaning out drains is not for the faint hearted! Good job Danny boy!