Friday, January 5, 2018

Nov. '17- Week 2- Grandpa Paul, Hero's Lunch, Temple/Ward Conference, Jazz Game

Thursday I went with Anna to music, I worked on my class a little, and I went to Anna's parent/teacher conference.  Ms. Paula had all good things to say about her!   Unfortunately, my Grandpa Paul had declined rather quickly since I saw him on Tuesday and they made the decision to take him off his oxygen, give him some heavy sleep meds to keep him relaxed, and let him pass away.  It took much longer than they thought, but at about 2 in the afternoon Grandpa returned to his heavenly home!  My mom, Mickelle, Uncle Kevon, and Grandma Pat were all with him.  After the kids were in bed that night I went to the Condie's as well to be with mom, dad, grandma, and Mickelle.  

Grandpa was such a good and humble man.  He taught me to always be careful when choosing a good mechanic.  I have fond memories of feeding the sheep and geese he kept on his property.  He was not afraid to speak his mind (when needed).  He loved NASCAR and cars in general.  He worked at Kennecot for 28 years driving those gigantic trucks even though he was only 5'4".  He always gave the most beautiful and sincere prayers.  He loved me and Dan and the kids and always supported us when he could.  When Ben learned that he had passed away, he said, "But he was so funny!  Can I write a note to him and give it to him when he's resurrected?"  I'm so thankful I will see him again!  

Friday Dan was home all day and even got to go biking.  I went to ladies lunch and my mom and Mickelle went to the "Hero's Lunch" with McKenna and Ben at their school.  I can tell from their smiles that they loved it!  We all went to dinner that night at Pei Wei and later watched the latest "Planet of the Apes" movie after kids were in bed.  
Saturday Dan sorted and went through all our dress-ups while I took Ben grocery shopping.  After lunch we did yard work and the kids played in the hammocks a little and Brittana came over.  I cleaned our shower while Dan watched a Utah game.  In the evening Mickelle babysat while we went to the temple for a session.  We went to McDonald's afterwards with the Alexander's for a treat.  

Sunday was our ward conference and Dan and his Dad both spoke.  Dan spoke about "origin stories" and tied that to understanding one another without passing judgement.  Grandpa spoke about our stake goals for 2018.  I substituted in primary in Ben and Henry's class.  We had dinner with my parents and Mickelle, played card games with the kids, and Dan went to Priesthood preview.  I later when to Prelude choir practice.  

Monday Anna had gymnastics and I worked on cleaning out my google drive.  The kids had stroganoff for dinner with my parents while they babysat and Dan and I went to dinner at Chile Amor and the Jazz game with Dan's parents and Sam and Adam.  The newly remodeled areas are sweet! 
 
Tuesday I went visiting teaching to Shelly.  Ben got to start a new class at gymnastics called Ninja Zone!  It's a mix of martial arts, gymnastics, and parkour.  I worked on my class in the evening.

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I'm a little bit jealous that I feel like you got to know grandpa and grandma on a more personal level than a highschooler ever cared to know. But I am so glad I will have the opportunity to know him once again. Love the pictures :)