Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Nov. '17- Week 4- Thanksgiving, Decorate, Thompson Thanksgiving, Utah Football Game, Festival of Trees

Wednesday we had a chill day at home.  Ben played a lot of Legos, the girls worked a little on their Christmas lists.  I worked on my class.  Dan helped Sam with basement remodel stuff.  We did a little yard work in the afternoon because it was actually warm enough outside! We did boy haircuts and baths that night and I finished my UEN class.  

Thursday was Thanksgiving!  We spent the morning watching the Macy's parade and going through and organizing the kids' toy boxes.  We went to Mom and Dad's house by 1pm.  
Lara made these darling place settings!  After our delicious feast, Grandma had a turkey craft and we painted some of the girls' nails.  And of course there was some napping to be had.  Grandfather stopped by to say hi and gave everyone their early Christmas money.  We also played some ping pong and Cover Your Assets.  
We stayed till dinner time, ate leftovers, and the kids watched the "Peanuts" movie.  
I truly have so much to be thankful for!  An unconditionally loving spouse, my healthy, active  and smart children, my home, our free country, and Dan's job that provides for our family.  I'm also eternally thankful for my testimony and belief in my Savior, Jesus Christ!  I strive to be more like Him everyday!  

Friday we spent the morning setting up all of our Christmas decorations.  
We met at Tony Burger for lunch with Mom and Dad, Jake and Ailin and fam, Sam and Lara and fam, and the Stewart fam.  Dan and Ben worked outside in the afternoon to hang our Christmas lights while I worked on a grocery list then later a little more yard work.  Mickelle babysat that evening while Dan and I went to a Utah basketball game.  
Saturday we had the Thompson Family Thanksgiving!  We don't see my extended side of the family very often, so it was great to be with everyone.  
The weather was still nice enough for the kids to ride bikes in the parking lot and play outside.  
Image may contain: one or more people and basketball court
We napped some in the afternoon and then finished decorating our Christmas tree.  After dinner Dan took Ben to the Utah football game with the Holdstocks.  
The girls had showers and I vacuumed.  I also worked on refurbishing a fake poinsettia decoration we had by adding on to it.  Then I worked on cutting and sorting Box Tops for the kids' school.  

Sunday there was a combined YM/YW lesson about self reliance and saving for college.  We had Webster family dinner that night then Prelude choir practice.  McKenna also had one of the worst nights' sleeps ever!  She was having major anxiety about going back to school after a week off from Thanksgiving.  

Monday morning I took McKenna in for her 9 year well check (I posted her stats back in her BD post in October) then I let McKenna skip school that day for a "mental health" day since she very much needed some sleep after her rough night.  We went straight to Anna's gymnastics.  I cleaned the duck bathroom and Anna went to preschool.  I listened to my book club book and also cleaned the down stairs bathroom and worked on laundry.  That evening we invited two families over for dinner, the Pugsleys and the Jarvises.  We had a quick FHE about Jesus Christ being our rock.  I also had my family conference call and then singing practice for the women's ensemble for the ward Christmas Party coming up.  

Tuesday I took Anna for her 4 year check up.  We got way off with her well checks once we had Bethany.  So it's more like a 4.5 year check up.
Anna's Stats
Height: 40.2in (3in increase in a year) 45th percentile
Weight: 36lbs (4lb increase in a year) 50th percentile

Here's a darling video of Bethany singing her new favorite song Head Shoulders Knees and Toes.  She's talking lots more!  We just need to work more on articulation.
I had book club that night at Melissa Smith's about the book "One True Loves."

Wednesday Dan went to the temple first thing in the morning.  After Anna got home from preschool we headed to Festival of Trees.  Love Bethany's silly face.  
Here are some of our favorites.  
Cinderella and Utah/BYU
Disney castle and Death Star gingerbread houses.  A tree for our friend's baby, Derek Cordon, and a half and half tree with Utah/BYU.  
Pokemon and Sesame Street.  After the Festival, we picked up some dinner and went and visited Grandma Pat.  Bethany made a cute set up to talk on the phone.  
After we got home, Dan left for mutual and Bethany decided to go poop in the little potty!!  
Thursday I went with Anna to music (Brynn babysat Bethany) then gave the girls a bath.  Velda babysat in the evening and Dan and I went to his work Christmas dinner.  

No comments: