Monday, January 1, 2018

Oct. '17- Week 4- Webster Family Dinner Oct. BDs, McKenna and Gma BD Date, Trunk or Treat, Tithing Settlement, Halloween

Sunday I spent most of the morning making Halloween deviled eggs for Webster family dinner.  Ben was being super cute and reading to Bethany.  When I went to take a picture, Bethany made her silly face.  I told her just to look down at the book, so then I got the second picture... silly face while looking down at the book.  :)  
Dan taught a combined YM/YW lesson about missionary work.  
After a spooky themed family dinner, grandma had a fun donut eating on a string game.  Of course the goal is to not use your hands.  But, you know. ;) 
 The moms all took turns too.  Dan unfortunately had to leave a little early for a church meeting and missed out on the dads turn.  
 Then we celebrated all the October birthdays, which included our McKenna! 
There were also cute ghost sucker and bookmark crafts.  We gave to Clara for her BD so I had to take a picture her with all her accessories.  
 Monday I went walking with Rachael, took Anna to gymnastics, then did some yard work while the girls played. Anna also had quite the tantrum about a pine cone being in her way while riding her tricycle.  McKenna opened her present from the Winegars after school.  That evening we did yard work as a family when we found a dead mouse and a dead bird in the yard.  Ew!
Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and all was well with the baby.  I also had my book club that night for "The Ghost Map" at Melissa Roth's.  

Wednesday I went walking with Rachael again then visiting teaching to Shelly.  
McKenna went on her BD date with Grandma Sibber.  They went to build a bear and clothes shopping, and dinner at Panda Express (her favorite!).  

 She got this darling puppy she named Dixie! 





That evening was our ward Trunk or Treat.  We have a bumble bee, Elena of Avalor, a puppy, and Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.  I wrapped my belly in foil and said I was a baked potato.  And this was the first year I made a decent effort to actually decorate our trunk.  
Thursday I went with Anna to music.  Anna was quite grumpy before preschool and refused to wear her costume.  But it was a cute class picture anyway.  We also found out that my Grandpa Paul was not doing so well, so we were able to pick up Dan from work and visit him in the hospital for a bit.  I also babysat Charlie and Clara in the afternoon.  
Friday I volunteered in McKenna's class to help during art.  Anna had Lizzie over for a play date in the afternoon.  McKenna (and Camille) went to a BD party that night for a school friend.  Mickelle babysat while Dan and I went on a dinner and Temple date.  I also gave Dan a haircut that night.  

Saturday Ben and Anna went to open gym and gymnastics then grocery shopping.  McKenna and Bethany went to the church with Dan and watched a movie while Dan started his super Saturday for tithing settlement.  I picked up M and Bth, went home, put groceries away, then headed back to the church for lunch with Dan.  The kids ran around and played in the gym for a bit as well.  
Afterwards, I spent most of the afternoon going through Ben's clothes in the basement.  McKinley Ulmer also came over to play.  When Dan got home, we were able to carve pumpkins! The girls did one and the boys did one.  (Traditional face and Lego Batman face)
Sunday I made it for half of choir practice and Anna unfortunately had quite the fit (about sharing) during sacrament meeting that I almost missed the singing performance because I had to take her out.  That evening at dinner we were helping Bethany practice saying "Anna" instead of just "Na."
That night also started Prelude to Christmas choir practices and it was just what I needed!  I love singing in that Christmas choir! 

Monday after gymnastics, I went for a quick walk around the neighborhood even though it was quite chilly. The girls loved playing in the leaves! 

Bethany also started saying "baby bobo," which is our nickname for baby #5.  I love that she's saying new words almost every day.  
I talked to a tree removal guy and found out (second opinion) that it will be quite expensive to get our dead trees cut down.  That evening was the October Nelson Family BD party.  
Tuesday was Halloween! I watched Will and Desi Alexander while Rachael helped in Brittana's classroom.  Dan came home early that afternoon while I want to Ben's classroom to help with his Halloween party.  I also set out dough to thaw for scone making that night.  
We made our traditional mummy hot dogs then ate a pot luck dinner at the Moulton's house with some other neighbors.  Then we headed out trick or treating and Mickelle and Jonathan came along with us.  
Dan's brilliant idea to serve scones to all the neighbors who came trick or treating was a great hit and will most likely become a new tradition!  

No comments: