Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Nov. '17- Week 3- Grandma Jeanne, Jonathan's BD, Grandpa Paul's Funeral, LPM recital, Ben Lost Two Front Teeth

Wednesday I babysat Ivy Roth for a bit, then I showered and did some cleaning.  After dropping off Anna at preschool, I picked up my sister Emily at the airport who flew in for the funeral.  After dinner that night we visited my dad's mom, Grandma Jeanne.  She was so cute to show us and share her baby doll.  She knew who my dad was, but didn't really know the rest of us.  
Thursday, while Dan was doing carline, I got to do books and breakfast with McKenna and Ben at their school.  Anna then had music and I went visiting teaching to Amy Pugsley.  And here's just a couple pictures showing that my children don't understand "personal space."  ;)  They sure love having other grown ups around-- especially aunts and uncles and grandparents.  
Dan was home from work that day so he ran some errands for me and then with me later on.  Thursday evenings and afternoons are kinds crazy with running kids around, so I was super grateful to have my mom and Emily here to make dinner for everyone.  Dan had church stuff that evening.  Emily and I practiced the song we would sing (with Mickelle) at Grandpa's funeral.  
Bethany was showing a little bit of interest in the potty.  She actually went pee a few times in it and even poop once.  This is so much earlier than Anna showed interest, so I'm excited, but also SO not ready to potty train before baby #5 comes.  

Friday we hung out at Mickelle and Jonathan's place to celebrate Jonathan's BD!  We had R&R BBQ for lunch and then got some authentic Tres Leches for his birthday cake! 
Anna watched Ariel in the afternoon then Emily and I left for the viewing.  We thought it best for Dan to stay home with the kids rather than bring them.  Later, Dan, Mickelle, and Jonathan went to see the new Justice League movie.  

Saturday Emily and I left early to practice the song for the funeral.  Dan brought the kids at 10:20 for the viewing before the 11am funeral.  It was a lovely service!  Uncle Kevon, Aunt Laurie, and cousins Mike, Tiffany, and Jacob all spoke.  Me and my sisters sang "Oh My Father." Ben Kiser dedicated the grave.  
The ward put on a very nice luncheon for the family.  Our Ben was very sweet and tender and kept giving Grandma Pat hugs.  

We went straight from the luncheon to Ben and Anna's Let's Play Music recital.  The kids did great and it was fun to see where they are at right now in the program.  Always making progress.
"This is the Red Chord."  
Anna's class.  
"Hear How the Bells"


We then did grocery shopping and baths and some down time watching shows.  My parents came with In N Out for dinner.  After kids were in bed, we watched a comedian on Netflix named Ryan Hamilton.  

Sunday my parents flew back to Florida, but I got to have all my siblings at church with me!  We also had Young Women in Excellence.  After dinner, Dan took the older three up to Grandma and Grandpa's house because Ben wanted to let Grandpa pull a tooth for him.  I had Prelude choir practice that night but was definitely coming down with a cold. :(
Monday started our Thanksgiving break!  Our van spent the day at the dealership getting some safety recalls fixed.  Anna went to gymnastics and Aunt Emily went back home to Alabama.  We also attended the Nelson Family BD party that evening at the McKellar's home.  I also got a group of 8 women together to sing at the ward Christmas party and we started practicing that night.  

Tuesday my van battery was dead, dead, dead!  I took all the kids to a baby check up then went to get Keva and Great Harvest for lunch.  Then I took the van back to dealership and got a new battery.  ARG!  I played games with McKenna and Ben in the afternoon while Anna was at preschool.  Ben had gymnastics and 3 of his cousins came and tried out the Ninja Zone class with him to see if they wanted to join.  We did thankful leaves for family home evening  and I worked on my class after kids were in bed.  

No comments: