Thursday, February 1, 2018

Dec. '17- Week 2- Grand America Windows, Prelude, Pin the Nose, Baby Abigail, Whitney's BD, Activity Days.

Friday my visiting teachers came over in the morning then I went to ladies lunch.  That evening we went to the MOD Pizza with the Moultons, Alexanders and Pugsleys then headed to the Grand America Hotel to see the holiday windows.  I love this tradition because it's a warm/indoor Christmas activity!
Saturday morning was a busy one.  Dan took the younger three to the Behunins while he went to a youth planning meeting, and McKenna and I went to Prelude to Christmas rehearsal.  I got groceries in the afternoon and the Alexanders came over to play.  Dan went to a dance recital fundraiser thing (with McKenna) and did a couple mini foster care presentations every few dances.  That night before bed we watched two holiday Netflix specials (Kung Fu Panda and Trolls).  

Sunday was Brenn Parker's mission homecoming.  Anna was quite the pill in Sacrament meeting.  After church, McKenna and I ate a quick dinner then headed to the Prelude to Christmas performances!  I was pretty disappointed I had a cold and my voice was not 100%.  In the end I felt like I was able to sing with about 70% of my regular voice, but I still loved the spirit I felt during rehearsals and the performances.  And I love that McKenna wanted to participate again this year with the youth choir!  
Monday Anna had gymnastics and I ran some errands.  That night for family home evening, we talked about what some of the symbols of Christmas remind us of and then played pin the nose on Rudolf.  
Tuesday I visit taught Shelly, ran an errand, and tried a new recipe for dinner (lemon baked chicken).  After dinner we did Christmas Mad Libs and I worked on neighbor gifts.  (Air fresheners that say, "Here's a small pre'scent' to wish you a Merry Christmas and a 'fresh' start to a new year!")


We also got the exciting news that Sam and Lara had their baby girl!  We have a new niece, Abigail Sylvia Webster!  Dan is the only lucky one who got to visit them in the hospital because Bethany and I had colds.  
Wednesday I worked more on neighbor gifts.  I also babysat Ellie and Hazel (napping) while Swa took McKenna out of school for a bit to go to lunch with her cousins for Whitney's BD!  
I love these goofy girls and so grateful McKenna has such great cousins!  
McKenna also went to the Hilbigs in the afternoon to play.  I helped Ben put together his teacher gifts and then played Spot It with him.  That evening after dinner and baths, we watched the Christmas Curious George and read some Christmas books.  

*I noticed that night that I had been feeling more patience with my kids and had felt like I'd been yelling less.  Hooray for small victories!

Thursday I went to Anna's music class with her.  I used the blower to blow out the garage and driveway.  Bethany's (substitute) speech teacher came over and I did a little vacuuming.  In the afternoon I went to music with Ben so the girls went to McKenna's activity days activity which was a "Santa's Workshop".  The activity day girls had planned an hour's worth of games and crafts for younger siblings and friends so that parents could have a little free time.  

No comments: