Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jan. '18- Week 1- 6 Months Pregnant, Bethany Videos, Pres. Monson Passed Away, Utes Gymnastics, Mickelle's Car Hit, Ben's BD!

Happy New Year 2018!!  
This was actually taken Sunday the 31st, but this is me 6 months pregnant!  
Monday after breakfast we spent the morning cleaning up and putting away Christmas!  It takes us about 2-2.5 hours.  What a job!  After lunch, Dan took the older three up to Grandma and Grandpa's to help move their basement furniture so they could get new carpet after a basement flood.  Dan also went to the airport and picked up my brother, while I worked on editing pictures.  After dinner we just did more house keeping things like laundry and redoing our kitchen calendar.  We also enjoyed listening to "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack!  

Tuesday Dan went back to work and Anna went to preschool but McKenna and Ben still had the day off.  Hannah Hilbig came over to play, Ben worked on a math packet for school and had gymnastics.  We were able to watch "The Grinch" cartoon before bed and I had my family conference call that night while Dan had appointments.  
 Dan received this beautiful beaded/lit Salt Lake Temple from Sis. Janet Thomas.  
Wednesday morning we found out that our dear prophet Pres. Monson passed away.  I watched our local news most of the morning. 
I got these cute videos of Bethany naming the letters on my sweatshirt.  (She kept getting mad at Anna for trying to help her. )

I also got a video of Bethany asking for more Cocoroos cereal.  But really, I was just trying to get a video of her asking her latest favorite question, "Why mom?"  So cute! 
 I went with Anna to a "Be There" activity.  I ended up taking Bethany with us and she was being quite bossy to another little sister that was there.  McKenna had a play date with Camille.  That evening I went to a freezer meal prep class with a company called Citrus Pear.  I made 10 freezer meals for $180!  I was super impressed with how organized and efficient it was.  
Thursday I watched Bethany change her baby doll's diaper 100% by her self.  She put out the pad, wiped the bum, and tried to put one of her own (large) diapers on her.  She's going to be a GREAT big sister!   Bethany went to the Moulton's while I went with Anna to music.  I watched Charlie and Clara in the afternoon and our home teachers came over that evening.  
Friday I worked on a grocery list, then Beck came over to play with Anna.  I caught a cute picture of Bethany during her nap with her feet up.  In the evening we went to Hires for dinner and then to the Utes Vs. BYU gymnastics meet with the Winegars.  The Utes won, of course.  And unfortunately, Ellie wasn't feeling well and threw up that night in her seat.  
Saturday the kids went to the church to meet their new primary teachers.  Mickelle came to babysit while Dan and I went to the stake Senior Retreat.  This is a special mini youth conference overnight activity for the youth in our stake who are seniors in high school.  We only had one of the three seniors from our ward attend (Shad Bartschi).  We went to hear the Hartvigsens speak and the enjoyed some great conversations with Bridlewood ward members while the youth went bowling.  
We drove home in the snow/rain.  When we got home, we told my sister she better move her car, but unfortunately, she was too slow to do so and someone came sliding down the hill and sideswiped her car.  :(  Thankfully the police was super nice and didn't ticket anyone!  And now Mickelle has a new car! 
Saturday evening we went to In N Out for dinner, then grocery shopping, baths, and bed time.  We also decorated that night for Ben's birthday the next day.  
 And the blanket made my belly look like a snowman belly.  
 Sunday was this cute boy's 7th birthday.  Turning 7 on the 7th means it was his GOLDEN birthday.  
He gave and Article of Faith in Primary.  We watched the Sound of Music and looked at his baby pictures in the afternoon while we waited for Dan to get home from meetings.  
 He would close his eyes while unwrapping as gift until it was all the way open so he wouldn't "ruin" the surprise.  McKenna made him that cute playdough name.  He also got Cover Your Assets, a reading light, new undies, a Rubik's cube, and some new Nerf darts which totally revived all our Nerf guns.  
He requested pancakes, pears, and bacon for his BD dinner and Zebra cakes and cookies and cream ice cream for his treat.  (Editor Dan's note: Incidentally, all of these food items are a few of MY favorite things. I think he kinda likes me...)
After dinner, Ben Skyped with cousins in Alabama and Grandparents in Florida.  We also played Cover Your Assets.  
We love our Ben so much!  He is quite tender and physically loving (lots of hugs and kisses even when his sisters don't want it).  He is so smart and soaks up new knowledge easily and quickly.  He is also creative (Legos) and loves to be physically active (Ninja Zone).  He's picking up the piano quickly and would spend all day everyday with his dad if he could!  He has taught me how I need to be more tender, kind and patient, especially when it comes to parenting him.

No comments: