Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jan. '18- Week 2- Boondocks, Greatest Showman, Pres. Monson Funeral.

Monday I went to a doctor's appointment and thought Dr. Watt's accidentally revealed the baby gender, but he didn't.  He just heard the girls say "baby bobo" and thought that meant it was a boy.  We went straight to Anna's gymnastics.  The girls played with playdoh, and I listened to my book club book a lot!  Bethany went to the Behunin's while I volunteered in Ben's art class and went to his class for his BD spotlight.  That evening we went to Boondocks for bowling to celebrate Ben's BD.  He also got $5 of free arcade games.  
Dan was a champ and folded tons of laundry that night while I was on my family conference call.  
Tuesday we had a pretty chill day at home.  I listened more to my book and moved pictures to our external hard drive.  I had book club that night at Shelly's house about "The Queen's Poisoner."  I really liked this book and realized how much I enjoyed the fantasy genre.  

Wednesday at breakfast, girls being shy and cute.  
I got a video of the kids dancing to the "The Greatest Showman."  Love Ben's random Nerf Gun firing.  
I felt grumpy most of the day and was really lacking in patience and energy.  I'm thankful for new days! 

Thursday I ran an errand while Anna was at music, then we played in the basement.  We had a normal afternoon of homework and Dan had a Bishopric meeting. 
Fun with SnapChat
Also, Bethany fell off my bed and bit her lip.  Not too big of a deal, but I was excited it was the perfect opportunity to use the "boo boo bunny" to hold ice for her suck on.  
Friday McKenna stayed home from school so she could attend Pres. Monson's funeral with us.  Kylee was so nice to babysit Anna and Bethany.  It was a beautiful funeral with wonderful memories of our prophet and his amazing years of ministry.  We went to Apollo Burger after then I drove carpool.  That night I took Ben and McKenna to see "The Greatest Showman" and Dan stayed home with the little girls and watched "Little Mermaid."  
Saturday the kids had play dates in the morning with the Lewises, Alexanders, and Lizzie.  We had nice enough weather that Dan took down Christmas lights, cleaned windows, and we raked leaves!!  Korie Brown came over in the afternoon.  I felt very thankful to have gotten so much work done outside so that hopefully was have less to do in the Spring.  

Sunday at family dinner, McKenna gave a little family home evening lesson about the Plan of Salvation.  I'm so grateful for her bravery and desire to teach.  It's showing her testimony is growing!  We also had a little family meeting about Grandfather and how and how some things may change with him as our new Prophet.  (McKenna drew this strawberry on Saturday and I took the other picture on Saturday as well when all the kids came to me at one time asking for something.  They are all so cute!)

No comments: