Sunday, May 6, 2018

March '18- Week 2- Temple Open House, First Bath, Truman's Baptism, McKenna's Play,

Thursday Dan went to the temple, then to Music with Anna, then to get his car oil changed.  Grandma and cousin Mia came by for a visit.  
After lunch my mom came to hang out.  Dan took the van in for emissions and registration and we watched "Alice in Wonderland", while my mom left to get some groceries.  The Behunins brought us soup and bread for dinner.  Dan and my mom took the three older kids to the Jordan River open house.  
Once they got home and kids into bed, we gave Alice her first bath at home.  

She screamed a lot but calmed right down as soon as she was wrapped.  
*I felt more grumpy today, had a canker in my mouth, and felt nervous about going off pain meds.  :(

Friday morning before school Dan gave McKenna a blessing to help her feel better about her play opening that night!  
We cleaned up the basement and Brynn came by for a visit.  After lunch and naps, I headed to the school to do McKenna's hair and make-up for her opening night of her play.  The Moultons brought dinner (including her amazing bread), then Dan took Ben and Anna to see McKenna's play.  Unfortunately, they got stopped at a SUPER long train and ended up missing the opening prologue, which was McKenna's big part.  I knew there would be other chances for them to hear it, but it still made me so sad and was the first thing that had made me cry postpartum.  :(   Dan's parents were able to be there and they said she was perfect!!  :)  I stayed home with Bethany and Alice and we watched the cartoon Beauty and the Beast.  Mom and Mickelle came over.  
After the play, Swa, Whitney, and Hazel came over to hang out.  The bottom picture of Bethany is to show her new obsession with "vwips" aka "lips."  She likes to dig through my mom and Mickelle's purses to find their lipstick and then tries to put it on herself. :)  
Saturday McKenna had to be to school by 8:30 for another performance.  I attended that performance with mom and Mickelle and Ben and Anna came again...and we made it in time for the prologue!!  She was amazing and again, it made me cry, but for a good reason this time! 
Right after we headed straight to cousin Truman's baptism!  I then went home and Dan took the other kids up to the Stewart's for lunch.  David took this cute picture of all the cousins (minus Emma) who have been baptized so far! So fun to see them all together! 
That evening we had pizza, watched Boss Baby, gave the boys haircuts, kids to bed, vacuumed, watched "This is Us", then set the clocks ahead for daylight savings time.  *That was my first day with no pain meds at all. :) 

Sunday I had a great nap while everyone else was at church.  Then my mom came home with the kids and after lunch I worked on thank you notes while she snuggled her. 
Grandma Kelly showed Ben how to make little roses out of ribbon.  When Dan got home we went for a walk around the neighborhood and delivered some dishes and thank you notes.  
Alice's cord fell off!  Dan took the kids to Webster Sunday dinner while I stayed home with Alice and my mom and sister.  **I continued to feel such an increase of love for my whole family and felt like my heart would explode.  

Monday Dan went back to work after being home with us for a whole week! We were late for gymnastics as we started getting use to the new normal of adding baby Alice to our normal routines.  The Days brought dinner that evening.  We got an adorable personalized onesie from the Irions.  
Tuesday Dan took the day off (he decided to ease back into work)!  Aunt Ailin came to visit!  We went grocery shopping and for smoothies and bread for lunch.  
In the afternoon I worked on organizing Alice's room then the kids got home from school. That evening was McKenna's last performance as the Enchanted Rose in Beauty and the Beast.  Everyone had such high energy (including the audience) and had lots of fun!  My mom babysat while Dan and I went.  Lots of friends and family came that night too.  We're so grateful for their support!   
(Alexanders, Brynn and Katie, Moultons, Camille, Sam and Hailey)
(Mickelle and Jonathan, friends Kaylee P.- as the Enchantress and Lyla L.- as Mrs. Potts)
Some pictures on stage.  We gave McKenna a rose necklace to remember her fun time in the play! 
Wednesday morning Dan went to the temple and I forgot to set an alarm to get the kids up for school.  Oops!  So they were only about 30 mins late.  Sarah Moulton came and took Anna and Bethany for a couple hours for a play date.  Rachael brought dinner that evening (chicken pillows).  We also spent some time counting all the change Grandma Pat had given us in some cute "piggy" banks.  McKenna and Ben had their last evening of art class that night.  

No comments: