Friday, May 11, 2018

March '18- Week 3- Grandma and Grandpa Thompson Time, Photo Shoot, Back to Routines

Thursday Bethany was teaching Alice "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes."  So cute! 
Dan got to work from home again.  He went with Anna to music and I worked on thank you notes.  The Relief Society presidency stopped by to check in.  Dan and I worked on organizing clothes bins in the garage.  After school, McKenna had a little cast party to get ice cream.  I took Ben to his music class.  Brynn brought us dinner that evening.  McKenna went to Adelaide's school play (Elf the Musical) with her Activity Day girls.  
 My dad came into town that night and got to meet Alice for the first time! 
 Friday Dan and I got to go out for a lunch date (and walking around the store At Home) while my mom and dad babysat.  Anna went to Desi Alexander's panda birthday party and had a great time! McKenna read to Anna in her bed for her reading minutes for the day.  That evening we took dinner to Grandma Pat and had fun introducing her to Alice.  
Saturday Dan and Ben helped with the scouting for food drive.  We also got some snow that day.   I worked on mending and patching some clothes while Dan went through clothes with Ben.  Korie Brown later came over to play.  (Alice getting all the love and attention!)
 My parents and Mickelle came over in the afternoon and here are some lovely pictures taken by Anna.
We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (loooong wait)  and the kids said goodbye to my mom who was headed home the next day.  They gave them some parting gifts (new necklaces for the girls and ties for Benny.) I'm so so thankful for her sacrifice to come be with us and help so much while we adjusted to our new normal of 5 kids!  We watched Justice League after kids were in bed.  
Sunday I got some rest while everyone was at church.  We played Scrabble with Grandpa and Mickelle in the afternoon.  We enjoyed one more night talking with my dad before he left the next day.  
Monday the kids had no school because it was a built in snow make-up day, though Anna still had gymnastics.  McKenna went to a birthday party at Bookdocks with a few school friends.  We took Alice for her 2 week check-up and she was the most calm baby I've ever had during her heel prick/PKU test.  That evening Dan took the three older kids to the Nelson Family party.  

Tuesday Aunt Lara took Alice's newborn pictures!  We're so grateful for her talents!  They turned out so great and Alice cooperated wonderfully! 
















(We went back Wednesday to get some sibling and a family picture as well.)










After dropping Anna off at preschool, I took the two little girls to grab a few things at Smith's.  Bethany was adorable pushing one of the little carts. 
McKenna played at Camille's house in the afternoon.  We enjoyed the evening together as a family and once kids were in bed Dan and I watched more "This is Us."  Alice had a little bit of a hard time going to bed and seemed to have a pretty rumbly tummy.  

Wednesday I was feeling really on top of things in the morning.  I showered, tidied up Alice's room, wrapped a present, started some laundry, then I realized I had completely forgotten an appointment at the health department.  Oops!  After pictures with Aunt Lara again, Ben went to Kirk Pugsley's BD party.  Laura Lewis brought dinner and after kids were in bed Dan went on a visit and I listened to my book we're reading for book club.  *That night was Alice's first night sleeping across the hall in her crib!

No comments: