Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Feb. '19- Week 4- Huntington Beach, Ruby's, Seascape Fun Center, Lego Movie 2, Alice Parade/First Word, Blue and Gold Banquet Pack Meeting Carnival

Friday we had a very slow morning and Dan had a long phone call.  We headed to Huntington Beach to play in the sand for a bit.  It was still quite chilly when the wind blew.  Then we ate lunch in the Tiki Room at Ruby's on the Pier and it was our most expensive meal yet!  :)
Everyone took naps in the car and we drove to the Seascape Fun Center which is like a Kangaroo Zoo. 
After that we went and saw the Lego Movie 2.  We got back to the AirBnb and packed up as much as we could and went to bed.  

Saturday we got dressed, loaded up, and were on the road to home by 6:15am!  
The kids watched "Ariel" and we stopped in Vegas at 9ish to nurse and go potty.  The kids watched "Alice in Wonderland" and we ate lunch in St. George at Cafe Rio.  Dan finished the book "Educated" so we discussed that for a while.  I took some Dramamine for the drive home to make sure I didn't get car sick again, but it made me super sleepy, so I napped a lot! Sorry Dan!
We filled up and I nursed in Nephi.  The kids watched "Sword and the Stone."  We picked up pizza for dinner and were home by 7pm! We made much better time on the way home.  No traffic to speak of.  Everyone had baths and we unpacked and did laundry and went to bed!  Unfortunately Alice still had a fever that night and had a little bit of a hard time. :( 

Sunday before church, the kids had an Alice parade. :) 
Sunday Dan received new counselors in the bishopric, Dirk Kossin and Greg Remington.  I sat in with the Laurels and helped answer questions about marriage.  We practiced the YW song as well.  Our Come Follow Me lesson was more about the Sermon on the Mount.  We had dinner at home and I worked on a grocery order after my family conference call.  

Monday I had a good discussion with my Double or Nothin' roommates on Marco Polo about where we get our self worth and how do we instill it in our kids.  I said I get a lot of my self worth from Dan and of course from Heavenly Father.  I had groceries delivered in the morning and did lots of laundry.  That night we went to the Nelson Family Party at Dan's parents' house.  I took these cute pictures of Alice for the Nelson News since her 1st birthday is in March!
Tuesday I went to Jan Evans' class and drove carpool.  After McKenna's rehearsal, she had a play date with Lia and Lyla.  After dinner I briefly went to YW to help them practice their song again.  Dan went to mutual and other church meetings and got home very late!

Wednesday Dan gave himself a haircut in the morning.  I visited a new ministering sister, Janel Barnes, and we talked a lot about Disney.  Henry and Brittana Alexander came over to play in the afternoon.  I had book club that night to talk about "Educated."  

Thursday Desi and Will came over to play in the morning then I exercised.  After school Taggart came to play.  
Update on Dan's burned fingers and a cute Alice face!
Alice said her first word, "Uh-Oh!"

That night was the Blue and Gold Cub Scout Banquet, which was a carnival!  


They made it so fun for the kids with face painting, a photo booth, ring toss, dart throw at balloons, wet sponge toss, and to ear more tickets, kids could get up on stage and perform somehow.  Ben got up and told a few jokes and everyone loved it! 
What do you call a freight train loaded with Bubble gum? A chew chew train!
Knock knock. Who's there? Cows go. Cows go who? Cows don't go who, they go Moo!
Why did Darth Vader go to the bakery? To get a Coo-keeee.  

No comments: