Thursday, May 16, 2019

March '19- Week 2- McK's BD Date, Peter Pan Dress Rehearsal, March Webster BDs, More Peter Pan

Friday I went to ladies lunch during which it snowed again.  
After school, McKenna was helping Alice play the piano.
McKenna was able to go on her BD date with Whitney, Katie, Grandma and Grandpa.  They went to dinner at The Garden at Temple Square, then out for ice cream.  The snow did not stop them from walking around and enjoying the beautiful temple grounds.  
Dan and I went out for tacos with Dan's new counselors and their wives, the Remingtons and Kossins.  We had great conversations and enjoyed getting to know them better!

Saturday was a regular morning, then we packed a lunch and headed to the school to help McKenna learn to "fly" for Peter Pan with full harnesses and ropes!  Dan was definitely more able to do it than I was.  She was loving it! 

 We used some spiral leave-in curlers for the first time and they worked so great!  
We picked up groceries afterwards, Ben got a hair cut, and we went to the YW fundraiser dinner (Hawaiian Haystacks).  

Sunday I received a new calling as the Senior Primary Chorister!  I was really feeling like I needed a little something more to do at church and I always thought I'd have this calling someday.  :) 
That evening we celebrated March BDs at mom and dad's house. 
Grandma also had shamrock sugar cookies for the kids to decorate.  
Monday I did laundry, made rice krispie treats, and played with Bethany (even painting her nails).  
After school I put McKenna's hair in curlers, individually wrapped the rice krispie treats, and we got a bid for new siding on our house.    
 Love this chubby Alice picture!  Monday was also opening night for Peter Pan!! Hannah and Abby Kossin babysat so all of us could go except Alice.  The Alexanders, Winegars, Smiths (carpool friends), and Jensens all came to support!  
Tuesday I attended Jan Evan's class.  We got another siding bid.  Putting curlers in McKenna's hair became our new after school routine during the week of this play. :)  Dan took McKenna early every night so they could run the flying scene and make sure everything was safe! After the flying scene, Dan took the kids home to bed and I stayed to watch. No family came this night, only friends. :) 
In the middle of the night, Anna threw up. :(  Besides feeling bad for Anna, I was SO nervous McKenna would catch this and not be able to perform for one of the shows.  Thankfully, no one else caught it!  
Wednesday the little girls and I watched the NBC Peter Pan Live on YouTube and stayed in our PJs most of the day.  Anna drew this Monster's Inc drawing and I was pretty impressed!  I had to take a picture of how much Bethany loves Barbies too! 
I felt pretty "zombie-like" all day.  Thankfully McKenna did NOT have a show this night and we were able to finish "Ralph Breaks the Internet" movie we started a few days ago.  

Thursday I went to Rachael's to practice singing a song for Sacrament Meeting.  Dan came home in the middle of the day.  Brooklyn Ulmer babysat that night while I helped back stage. 

Grandpa and Grandpa came, as well as Whitney and Ellie, Camille, the Hamblins, Lewises, Moultons, Lara and Sam, and the Stewarts.  

No comments: