Monday, November 11, 2019

Aug. '19- Week 1- Lagoon, Mary Poppins Shows, 5K, Hike/Backyard Camp out, Swimming, Super Heroe Pictures

Thursday I went to the DMV to get a new drivers license since I lost mine in one of the airports during our Nauvoo trip.  I ran to the store for another errand then Dan and I met at LAGOON for the Western States Lagoon day.  I just had the three little girls at first since Dan went to pick up McKenna and Ben from rehearsal.  We rode Jumping Dragon, Bombora, Lady Bug Bop, then McKenna and Ben arrived.  We rode Bombora again, Flying Tigers, then we headed to the pavilion for lunch.  We rode Rattle Snake Rapids, and then I went with the three little girls to do more rides in Kiddie Land, Dan went with Ben and McKenna to do some bigger rides (Wicked, Collossus, Spider, Swings).  

We all met back up so I could take McKenna and Ben home to get cleaned up for their first Mary Poppins performance!  They did so well and had a blast!  



Dan stuck it out at Lagoon with Anna and Bethany until the park closed.  

Goofy girls! 
Friday McKenna had a Stake Activity Days Activity.  The theme was centered around traits of a princess/daughter of God- being calm, loyal... They did Yoga to teach them about being calm and McKenna loved it!  She also loved how beautiful the lunch was decorated.  I worked on editing pictures on my phone, Ben did homework, and the girls played nicely.  We put curlers in as soon as McKenna got home and Ben played at Taggart's. After dinner, I stayed home with Alice while Dan went with Anna and Bethany to see Mary Poppins.  I worked more on my phone picture collages.  Everyone was home by 9pm and straight to bed, while Dan and I went to play games at the Day's.  
Saturday I ran a 5K in Fruit Heights with Kyless Behunin.  It was a free race so it was very small, but I ended up placing 3rd out of all the women, which was probably only about 10-15 total.  It was an out and back race and the "out" was all slightly uphill, which meant the "back" part was very nice running down hill!  My average pace was 9:37 and I finished in 30:53. I got home by 8:15  and got curlers in McKenna's hair.  
We worked on cleaning the house a little and then I showered.  That afternoon, we all went to McKenna and Ben's matinee show.  John and Emily Wade (and kids) came, along with Faye and RJ.  Swa also brought 6 cousins.  I neglected to get OUR family picture with Jane and Michael Banks and I was very sad about that.  :(  In between shows, Ben left with us, but McKenna stayed and hung out.  
Bethany's sweet primary teacher brought over a candy gram because of Bethany's broken arm.  They are always so kind and thoughtful!  I went back for the closing night performance.  Grandma Condie, Mickelle and Jonathan, and the Moultons all came!  Anna and Bethany had a movie night at Sam and Lara's as well.  


This show was put together in just THREE weeks!  I was so impressed with Ben and McKenna's ability to memorize so much dialogue and blocking!!  They were pretty proud of themselves too! They were in almost every scene and loved making new friends with some of the teenagers who did the show as well.  

Sunday we were on time for church!  I taught prophet songs in primary.  After church I also met with Amy and some of the Primary Presidency to talk about which songs we want in the program.  It was a pretty normal evening after that with leftovers for dinner, my weekly family conference call, and kids coming out of their rooms after we put them to bed. ;)

Monday I went walking with Dan.   I worked on getting lists together of all the new school supplies the kids would need.  The kids played well and took some pictures of their creations.  
McKayla Searle came over to play with Anna and then they went to dance.  Our family had originally planned to go camping for two nights this night and the next, but due to Dan's work responsibilities we couldn't make it happen.  So we improvised!  We went on a family hike to Holbrook Canyon from 8-9pm.  Then we borrowed the Winegar's tent and slept in the back yard!  We slept pretty well other than it sprinkling on us around 3:30am.  


Tuesday we cleaned up "camping" and Dan went to work. The kids worked on their homework and I worked on my personal history story.  They are all saved in my "memories" on the Family Tree App.  After lunch and the class, the kids visited "Korie's Cupcakes" and then Grace Eckman came over to play.  We baked cookies and after dinner Dan went to church stuff.  Unfortunately, I had a bit of a rough night with the kids.  

Wednesday I ran 3 miles but had some pretty bad hip pain.  It started before I fan the 5K with Kylee, but that made it way worse.  We cleaned the basement, the kids had piano, and after lunch we went swimming at Winegar's.  Bethany's cast cover totally worked! Though she didn't love it.  
Later, we met Dan at Sugar House Park for a photo shoot for our kids to be in.  They posed with capes as super heroes.  These pictures would be used for an event celebrating 20 years of Utah Foster Care.  Brooklyn Ulmer and later Mickelle babysat that night while Dan and I went on a date to dinner and the temple for Alton Mortensen's own Endowment session.  
Dan had a lot of fun throwing the two little girls and making them fly! 




No comments: