Saturday, July 25, 2020

May 2020- Week 1- Anniversary, Mickelle's 40th, Alice Big Girl Bed, Dryer Fixed, McKenna got the part of Jasmine!

Friday I exercised and we did much of the kids' homework in the basement while Grandma sewed masks and watched BYU virtual Women's conference upstairs.  After lunch, we drove by Mrs. Harmon's house to pick up some homemade fudge and quail eggs as a bonus.  We picked up groceries and the kids played outside once we got home.  Dan went into the Murray office and got home around 4.  I sewed some masks and listened to my book.  We ordered dinner from Hug-Hes and after kids were in bed we played Skyjo since it was our last night with Dan's parents.  :(  Dan left for a bit also to help my brother load up his motorcycle from Condie's before his move.  He also ended up getting a flat tire. Nuts!
Saturday I walked only for exercise because of my sore foot.  Dan's flat tire got fixed at Burt Bros.  Grandma and Grandpa Webster officially moved out.  We were all sad and Grandma and I cried.  The kids played outside and I weeded and finished my book club book.  Dan also did yard work.  We looked around the master bedroom and Dan moved his clothes upstairs.  The kids played with the water table and I showered.  After baths, the kids gave us coupons as gifts for our anniversary!  They're so sweet.  They had mac and cheese and Dan and I left for an anniversary date!  We thought we could "dine-in" somewhere since the Governor had just opened the state up to "Orange" level of risk. However, we struck out three times at three restaurants and ended up getting take out from the Greek place on main street.  We ate it in the car while parked by the temple and enjoyed watching the sunset from Bountiful blvd.  The kids did great while we were gone and watched Studio C.  Dan and I later watched "Infinity War."  Alice was up in the middle of the night that night from 3-5:30am and finally fell asleep in the rocking chair.  Ugh!
Sunday was our 14th wedding anniversary!  Adam joined us for home sacrament meeting.  Once again, I felt the Holy Ghost testify to me how special this time is to have Dan (and Adam) administer the sacrament to us.  I taught a lesson about challenges and having strength in the Lord.  We watched Relative Race after lunch then Mickelle came to visit.  We went for a walk after pasta salad dinner and tried to watch our wedding video but it wasn't working, so we looked at our wedding albums instead.  It was a rough night sleep for Alice, Bethany, and McKenna.  

Monday I exercised, kids did homework, and we had a picnic lunch in the back, then kids played outside.  I helped with homework then ran errands with McKenna.  This was my first time back IN a store since everything shut down.  I did NOT like wearing a mask, but we were both glad to be out of the house and it was nice to shop in person for some new house things I'd been needing.  After dinner, we took Mickelle some birthday balloons and a letter of 40 things we love about her!  At bedtime, Alice was being so difficult!  After kids were in bed we folded laundry and started watching "End Game."
Tuesday we were woken up by the cleaning ladies coming much earlier than we thought.  We were told they're come around 10 am, but they came at 8!  So we hurried and ate breakfast then hung out downstairs.  Anna's classroom manager delivered the teacher appreciation gifts and sent pictures.  Ben took some pictures of a Lego boat he was pretty proud of and it transformed.  Once they left, I did a little more deep cleaning in certain areas.  I read with Anna and Dan continued his Tuesday tradition of having a Costco lunch with Jasper Gold in the parking lot.  After lunch I started moving my clothes up to the master closet. That was the last step to moving our stuff out of basement and into the master bedroom!  We also assembled Alice's new big girl bed and tried her out in it!!  For bath night, I tried some pink shampoo from Mickelle on McKenna's hair!
Wednesday I exercised and vacuumed the gym and cold storage rooms.  Grandma and Grandpa Webster came and hung out for the day since their baby grand piano was going to be moved to their new home, the Antry's old home!  We also had most of the upstairs carpets professionally cleaned so we hung out in the basement again for a while.  After lunch and a shower and kids playing outside, I sorted through Alice's clothes and put them in mine and Dan's old dresser.  Both McKenna and Anna had dance over Zoom.  Then we had spaghetti night with Dan's parents and Adam and Mia.  After baths and more pink hair (!) for Anna and Bethnay, Dan turned on a movie and I worked on assembling teacher gifts.  
Thursday the kids worked on writing their part of the teacher gifts and I was a little ashamed to hear Anna say she "hadn't written in a long time!"  Many of her school writing assignments were optional and I never pushed them to get done.  Oops.  :)  We had a dryer repair man come since the dryer had started making a really loud screech every time it started up.  It was awesome to see it all taken apart.  The kids played outside after lunch and we got a phone call from Ms. Jules that McKenna got the part of Jasmine in the school 5th and 6th grade play!  We had freezer food for dinner and then I "attended" a Relief Society Zoom meeting hosted by John Alexander about how to use the Family Search app.  After kids were in bed, my ministering sisters, Autumn and Amy, came over for a porch visit and it was wonderful to chat and catch up!  

No comments: