Saturday, July 25, 2020

May 2020- Week 2- Ben's Colonial Day, Teacher Appreciation Parade, Salt Flats, Mother's Day, Bethany's Teacher Gifts

Friday I exercised and tried running again after a week off, and unfortunately my foot still hurt a lot.  Ben had a Zoom meeting for the 3rd grade Colonial Days culminating activity.  We churned butter in a mason jar, learn some string game/tricks, and other fun things.  After lunch we ran errands and went to the teacher appreciation parade!  It was so good to see all the teachers from the school!  We ran a couple more errands and then I did yard work from 5-6 pm.  The kids had pizza and Dan and I went on a date.  We got take out from Kneaders and ate it at North Canyon Park and then went for a walk on Bountiful Blvd.  After kids were in bed we finished "End Game."
Saturday after breakfast we packed lunches and headed out to the Salt Flats!  We got there around 12, ate, then rode bikes and flew kites until about 2:30.  It was so fun to have such wide open spaces to play in!  And if it was any hotter it would have been not too fun.  We went straight to Hokulia after that.  Dan and Ben got haircuts that night and I made German pancakes for my Mother's Day dinner the next day.  
Sunday was Mother's Day and we had a lovely Sacrament meeting where the kids sang and Dan taught.  We also watched the Abinadi Book of Mormon video and after lunch watched 2 Relative Race episodes.  The kids and Dan gave me wonderful gifts and cards and I felt so loved and honored to be their mother!  To be a mom is all I've even wanted to do!  We recorded a music video of McKenna singing "I See Stars" from the show Mean Girls for a compilation music video for Backstage.  Unfortunately, not enough people submitted videos and it never happened.  We went for a walk and then had German pancakes outside.  We watched an old CES Fireside by Grandfather from 2005 titled Faith and Families.  I had my family conference call and then after kids were in bed, Dan and I started watching the Michael Jordan documentary on ESPN.  It was super windy that night and the master bedroom pops and creeks a lot and because those are the sounds I heard before I felt the earthquake it made me think another earthquake was going to happen.  :(  Needless to say I did not sleep well.  
I made a collage of all of the funny faces Alice made during our photo shoot.  :) 
 We called and sang to both grandmas that we love so so much!  
Monday I exercised but only on the bike due to my sore foot.  After breakfast, I took Bethany to deliver gifts to her preschool teachers and to pick up school lunch.  I'm so sad this will be my last kid to have Ms. Paula and Ms. Tracy.  We had loved them but now live out of the boundaries!  I helped Ben with his student council speech (to be recorded).  McKenna went for a walk with Lia on Bountiful Blvd and was happy to have some friend time.  Anna had dance and Alice watched shows.  Dan worked on organizing the garage and shed.  We had a laundry folding party after dinner and watched Relative Race.  We watched more Michael Jordan after kids were in bed.  
Tuesday I read with Anna after breakfast.  Dan had lunch with Jasper, and all three big kids had 1 pm Zoom meetings with their classes.  McKenna also had Zoom for Backstage and we found out that Utah Foster Care's protest for the contract bid worked and Dan will for sure have a job through October!  I worked on cleaning out/organizing all three freezers which felt so good!  After dinner Dan had bishop stuff, we watched Relative Race and more of the Michael Jordan documentary.  

Wednesday I exercised and started a new core workout from Meg Miles.  I helped Ben witth his book report about "The One and Only Ivan."  After lunch and more homework, Dan mowed the lawn and got a hat sunburn line (pictured below) and I went outside to chill and catch up on Marco Polo.  Anna and McKenna had dance on Zoom.  The Winegar's brought over a belated BD gift for Alice and then stayed for Spaghetti night with Dan's parents and Adam and Mia.  Dan had bishop stuff that night and McKenna and I finished "Sharpay's Adventure."  
Thursday we did the girls' baths in the morning and I helped Ben with his book report.  McKenna had piano and I helped Anna with homework as well and then I was finally able to work on some blogging!  It felt like I hadn't done that in a long while.  Ben edited a cute selfie of himself and I had to keep it. :)  After dinner we played outside and being inspired by the Michael Jordan documentary, Dan and I played some basketball.  McKenna started watching Harry Potter #3 that night.  

No comments: