Saturday, July 25, 2020

May 2020- Week 4- My Birthday, Memorial Day at Mantua, High School Grads, Sort School Papers, Last Day of School

Friday I exercised and then went to get a haircut.  Not a huge change, but my hair felt much healthier! I got caught up on Marco Polo and uploaded more pictures for Dan's Father's Day calendar.  After lunch, we took the whole family walking on Kay's Creek trail and it was overcast and cool thankfully.  
We had pizza dinner and then Dan and I went on another date to At Home too look for a couple more home decor things.  This was all I really wanted for my birthday and it was awesome! The kids had a sleepover that night in Bethany and Alice's room and we hung more things on walls and watched more MJ.  

Saturday was my birthday and I was woken up with lovely snuggles from all the children and these beautiful flowers!  Bethany attempted a family selfie at breakfast and it was pretty darn cute.  
Rachael Alexander came over to drop off some jam and I gave her a tour around the house.  We packed up, got Del Taco for lunch, and stopped by my mom and dad's house to see how my mom was recovering from her sinus surgery.  Then we headed up to Mantua for the Memorial Day weekend.  Dan left to go golfing as soon as we got there. The kids played with cousins and I chilled.  We played games and had an delicious tri-tip dinner and I blew out candles on cookies and ice cream.  That night was a rough night's sleep! 
Sunday Dan did some church interviews in the car and out on the deck so he could have some quiet.  We chilled and played games and got ready for church, and grandma made a fun obstacle course on the sidewalk around the pool.  After lunch we had a big Webster family Sacrament meeting.  I led the music, the primary sang, McKenna gave a talk, and Eli gave his testimony.  Grandpa also spoke, then we watched the Alma the Younger Book of Mormon video. Dan and I took our kids for a walk but it was kind of rainy and cold.  
The rest of the afternoon the kids played the Nintendo Switch and I prepped fruit for dinner.  We had S'mores and played outside.  After kids were in bed, we ate snacks and played more games in the game room.  
Monday Dan and Ben went on a chilly bike ride with Grandpa, Adam, Jake and Ellie.  After breakfast Grandma made a family history activity for us to do.  
Then we went and visited some cemeteries to visit some of our ancestors.  The Brigham City cemetery is also where the prophet Lorenzo Snow was buried...feet away from President Packer.  
Then we came back and the kids swam and we hung out by the pool.  Later, Dan took Ben and McKenna on a hike with grandpa and some others.  It was a little too cold for Alice to swim for very long, so she pretty much played in the yard and had free reign on people's left over soda and fell asleep in the swing, unfortunately with a poopy swim diaper.  Yuck!  I got a brothers mustache picture and it's a good thing, because Dan didn't keep the stache too much longer.  We cleaned and packed up and then had dinner and we left for home by 7 pm.  When we got home we sorted through all the donations left by ward members for our high school seniors.  Dan also put together a new bike rack.  
Tuesday I exercised and did lots of laundry.  We had a normal morning of homework and piano an Dan to Costco with Jasper.  We watched Relative Race after lunch and also participated in a family Zoom call talent show for Dave and Laurie's family who were being filmed as part of the BYU TV show "Family Rules."  The young women had a weeding service project in the Jarvis's yard.  Then we went to two high school senior's outdoor/open house graduation parties, one for Jaron Hamblin and one for Velda AhYen.  It was so fun to talk to neighbors again after not seeing them for a long time! 
Wednesday Dan and I worked on cleaning and pressure washing the back patio and grill.  It took a long time to clean the grill but it looked so good now! Then we could put our new patio cushions on the couch and chair.  Anna had dance and Ben and Dan went to the foster parents parades to honor the mother and father foster parents of the year.  Dan also bought a kayak with some of our stimulus money!  We had spaghetti night with Grandma and Grandpa and Adam and Mia.  After baths and bedtime, I watched the sunset with McKenna and Dan had church stuff.  

Thursday I woke up with a bad headache.  After breakfast we watched Ben's movie he made on iMovie.  I started to feel better and dusted the shutters.  Bethany had her last Zoom dance class.  Dan worked in Murray and Ben and Anna played at the Alexander's.  Cooper also came to play for a bit.  As I was making dinner, I accidentally dropped and shattered one of my new Corelle plates. It was pretty spectacular and actually cut me in two places.  We ate outside and McKenna went to the Winegar's for a movie night.  Dan and I finished the MJ documentary that night.  

Friday I exercised and all three older kids had their last Zoom meetings with their classes.  We watched videos and slide shows of the school year and I totally teared up.  I took the kids last day of school pictures and Henry and Desi came over to play after lunch.  We had a family Zoom meeting for Ben to show his iMovie to cousins.  We had a family pizza and movie night and started watching the "Parent Trap."  After kids were in bed, we hosted an adult game night with the Days, Nelsons, and Johnsons.  We mostly talked a got caught up on how Covid quarantine was treating everyone then we played "Spyfall."  It was so great to be social again!
Saturday Dan helped Chitty's girlfriend move into her new apartment in WX.  I worked on clearing off the computer desk and counter and sorting school papers.  My phone was acting weird so it was not a distraction for me.  ;)   After lunch we sorted more papers. Dan mowed the lawn.  After baths and dinner, Dan and I went on a date to walk around Deseret Book and then dinner at Mo Bettah's.  My stomach was a little uneasy after that.  That night Dan watched "Inception" and I blogged.  In downtown Salt Lake, there were crazy riots and protests for the "Black Lives Matter" movement in regards to George Floyd who died at the hands of police.  

Sunday we had our home Sacrament meeting and McKenna and Anna sang "I am a child of God."  After lunch we watched more "Relative Race" and then we played games on the back patio and the kids ran around the house.  We got word that night that Dan's dad went in for gallbladder surgery!

May Videos:
Ben Colonial Day, Teacher Parade, Salt Flats, McK and Ben bike show, Woodpecker, Obstacle Course Mantua, Ben and Anna Talents.  

No comments: