Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Nov. 2020- Week 3- Addresses/Christmas Card Prep, Grandfather Gratitude Message, Virtual Game Night

 Sunday we were up early in the morning due to noisy wind.  We had a normal morning with Zoom Sunday School lessons.  We attended church in-person and McKenna ushered and bore her testimony as the new YW class president for the 11-14 age group.  That afternoon we watched Dave and Laurie's "Family Rules" episode on BYU TV.  McKenna and I also watched the YW Face to Face celebrating 150 years of the Young Women organization.  That evening we drew names for our family gift giving at Christmas and Dan played ping pong with the kids.  I worked on collaging pictures.  

Monday I tried running again and was able to run 1.5miles with little hip pain, but it was not totally better.  After kids were home and homework was done, I raked some leaves outside and Dan fixed a couple Christmas lights.  After kids were in bed, I had my family conference call and we ordered our Christmas cards from Costco.  

Tuesday was a normal morning and I worked on gathering addresses for Christmas cards.  After homework, Bethany went to dance and I failed making cornbread for dinner due to forgetting baking soda!  I had fun for the next week or so gathering addresses and messaging with people who I haven't talked with in a long time.  It was a great way to reconnect with old friends!  McKenna had a Zoom meeting with Brinley and we worked on stuffing Christmas card envelopes and putting address labels on.  

Wednesday I volunteered in Bethany's class.  We had FaceTime piano lessons again.  I worked on addresses more.   Dan had Bishop stuff that night but still talked with me for a while that night as I was struggling a little with some mental health stuff.  He's such a great therapist for me.  :) 

Thursday was normal.  I called Jonathan and Bethany had music at home and Anna went to dance.  I made copies of our Christmas card write-up at the UPS store.  After dinner and kids were in bed, McKenna and I worked more on Christmas cards.  It's a big project, but I love it!  I got two silly pictures of Alice: one climbing, one with a green tongue! 

Friday we had a slow morning and listened to Grandfather's message to the world about gratitude.  He challenged everyone to post on social media, for the next 7 days, something they are thankful for. I'm so thankful for a loving and inspired Prophet who knows that "counting our blessings is better than recounting our problems."  After lunch, McKenna Zoomed with Brinley, I worked on a grocery order and we finished prepping our Christmas cards.  Dan and I went on a date that night.  We first stopped to pick up a prescription but the car in line in front of us wouldn't start, so we helped jump it.  We then went to Texas Roadhouse.  After kids were in bed, we also had a virtual game night with the Johnsons, Alexanders, and Days.  It was so fun and I'm so grateful to be able to connect with friends through technology during this Pandemic. 

Saturday I ran 2 miles while McKenna biked.  Dan gave himself a haircut and the kids played outside a bit.  Dan also went to lunch with Curtis Marsh.  After lunch, Dan took all the girls on a walk to deliver McKenna's thank you card to Becky.  I worked on punching holes for a service project for Ben's student council.  We also had the kids go through their school papers.  I vacuumed the master bedroom and we cleaned the basement as well.  After kids were in bed, we watched Utah's first football games of the season, which sadly, they lost.

No comments: