Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Life Lately

Introducing McKenna's new best friend...Whitney Winegar. All it takes is a newborn to make our 8 week old baby look huge. Whitney is the daughter of Dan's sister and was just born last Saturday night.
Cute Cousins!

Luckily, Swa was able to finish her finals before Whitney came. It's too bad Jake wasn't as fortunate. We're so glad that mommy and baby (and daddy) are healthy and doing well.

Sunday we had a progressive dinner with a portion of Dan's extended family. As part of this, we made gingerbread houses from scratch using a cast-iron mold that Dan's mom gave to us. We sure missed Mindy and her family...no frosting wars this year. :)
McKenna loved this part of the evening.
I've been wanting to do something new to my hair for a long time. In the winter I get especially tired of the tangles, static, and most recently it getting caught in all sorts of baby accessories. So...

Before

After!
Whaddya think!? I sure got a great reaction from Dan; I keep catching him staring at my hair. I think he likes it :)

14 comments:

Skoot D said...

Family is as CUTE as ever!!! And...LOVE the hair!!!!

LYB!!!!!

Butler Family said...

Your hair looks FABULOUS!!!

Hksedwick said...

Wow that hair cut is perfect for you. Lots of volume. Nice gingerbread house too.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay!!! I have always loved you with curly hair. And, it is something lots of moms do when they have kids. Generally short hair is easier to take care of... I wouldn't know ;) And, I thought just the opposite... I thought McKenna didn't look all that different from Whitney. :) Cute kids!

the winegars said...

Cute hair! I love it short! Chase keeps wanting me to cut my hair but I think I'm going to hold out until after the baby is born. We'll see though. Seeing your cute short hair makes me want to chop mine.

Alyson said...

I think the haircut is very flattering! Even a couple more inches off would look adorable, too, depending on how brave you are. :)

Now I want a cast iron gingerbread house mold.

joel and laura michelle said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!

Brynn said...

I love it!! What a babe! Good choice!

Brynn said...

And hooray for WW!

Sibber said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Hair, baby, gingerbread house, YOU, Dan,.. all of it! LOVE YA!!

The Gardners said...

Great hair..Very sexy!! And your baby is just so dang cute!!

John and Jessica said...

Nice hair :) It looks really good! Also, I again want to say that McKenna is just so cute!

Brett Blaser said...

Wow, I feel so out of touch with the Webster family. I forget how much time has gone by. Well, everyone looks good, and the babies are very cute. Hope you have a merry Christmas.

Casey Jensen said...

love your hair! It's so cute!