Thursday, December 4, 2008

What else do you think I would blog about?

Our home is decorated for Christmas!! YEA! I certainly LOVE this time of year and the true meaning of Christmas. However, pictures of decorations aren't nearly as fun to look at as pictures of this little girl! (P.S.- It's really hard to pick and choose WHICH pictures to post. We take about a billion pictures every week.)

Here she is on THANKSGIVING DAY. She's thankful for her pockets I guess. (I'm also thankful for the University of Utah. Oh how I love those Utes!)
The Saturday after Thanksgiving I got together with a few of my old roommates for breakfast. It was AWESOME to see you KT and Britt (and your husbands)! Thanks for holding my baby. We missed you Mar, Heath, and Hill.
I finally got a GREAT smiley picture of McKenna. She's six and half weeks old and is starting to be quite good at making eye contact and then following you as you move, AND she's starting to smile back more when you smile. I've noticed she definitely smiles more for her DAD. I'm happy for him, but who's the one that's with her all day?? :) Maybe she's just tired of my face by the time her dad get's home from work. She's probably pretty thankful for someone new to look at. And as you can tell from the picture below, she's once again smiling at something other than ME. Who knows what babies see over their mom's shoulders?
She melts my heart!

12 comments:

K Thompson said...

This post made me giggle out loud! I LOVED the pocket picture. She looks so COOL! I'm sure DAD posed her this way, right? And, the big smile? Well, it just brought tears of joy. I can definitely see Dan in her in her smile. Oh, I just can't wait to see her again. Dang the distance.... Love, Grandma

hillary and britton said...

Oh she is so cute! I love her smile:)

Melissa Kaas said...

They see angels! That's my guess. That's why they always smile just over your shoulder, or, like my kids, at the walls. She is so cute! Keep those pictures coming!

Kristi Veale said...

Laura-

You have such a beautiful little girl. I would'nt trade my girls for anything. So your Christmas decorations are up and you didn't share any pictures?? :) At least we get to see the baby!

Alyson said...

Beautiful smile :)

And that one asleep with hands in pockets? Precious.

Butler Family said...

She is so adorable LAura!! And getting so big!!

joel and laura michelle said...

excuse me ... didn't you graduate from BYU missy?!?!! what is the UofU talk? you better start bleeding some blue this holiday season ;) love you!

Laura said...

Dang it! I had Dan look over the blog post and edit anything that needed it. Well, I guess he thought it would be funny to add that U of U comment... I DO bleed BLUE! GO COUGS!!

Laura said...

I mean, go Utes. I love the Utes. -Laura

Mickellerox said...

She is my favorite teeny tiny thug. :) Look at her reppin for the hood with her hands in her pockets! Also, Dan posting the utes thing cracks me up. You can't change this one Dan... LAURA AND I LOVE THE COUGS! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the pocket picture :) And the smile. She will only get more fun and entertaining from here :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I think that she looks like a cute little baby thug in that picture with her hands in her pockets. :-)