Saturday, May 16, 2009

Re-cap

Last Saturday, our little family participated in Race for the Cure. It was a lovely 5K "race." We of course walked it and enjoyed the beautiful weather and great company of other members of Dan's extended family. (Sorry no pics)
Mother's day was Lovely! It was neat to have a totally different perspective on mother's day this year as this was my first as a real mom! Dan bought me a new dress; which I wasn't expecting considering he just bought me one for Easter. I also got some new Disney movies! I've been wanting to build up my Disney collection for a while now so I was very grateful for this jump start. He also made lunch and dinner and took care of McKenna ALL during church so I didn't have to miss any part of the days meetings! AND I had a wonderful NAP. (Sometimes it's the little things that also mean so much!) I was totally spoiled! THANK YOU DAN! I definitely felt honored and celebrated!
It's also very important to mention mine and Dan's mothers! We are who we are because of them and all they taught us by word and example.



McKenna's adjustment to her helmet seems to be going well. We had a few rough nights early on in the week. It was hard to tell what was making her wake up every 2-3 hours screaming. She had: a) a runny nose (no ear infection to go with it thankfully but it could still cause pressure), b) teething (her bottom right tooth came in Wednesday), c) possible sore neck muscles from sleeping differently with the helmet on, d) tummy troubles because of constipation. Really it could have been e) all of the above! :) Poor girl. So we gave her some motrin for two nights and now she's back to her "normal" sleeping! (only waking once to feed)

Daddy is still quite good at getting this little girl to giggle.

We also got to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with a tour given by Dan's grandfather. It is a STUNNING temple and even though it hasn't been dedicated, you can still feel special and sacred feelings there.

Dan is standing uphill from me which is why he looks like a giant. :)

McKenna will turn 7 months this week on the 19th! Nothing too new to report on her development. She still sits up like a champ, babbles all the day long, and gets cuter every time I look at her.

Here's the best shot I can get of her teeth so far. If you click the image and make it bigger you can see the white speck that is her tooth. :)

5 comments:

Butler Family said...

Aww what a cute girl and I am glad you had such a great Mother's Day! Isn't it awesome when our husbands spoil us?

Megan said...

She is SOOO super cute in her helmet!! And I just read the post about why she got it...and I agree that having a symmetrical head is probably pretty important and she will thank you when she gets older! :)

Alyson said...

So cute! It was good to see you yesterday, even though there were so many people there it was fleeting and we never got to sit and chat :(

Mary said...

a TOOF! man, i miss so much. i'm glad you had a great 3rd anniversary and 1st mommy's day. if anyone can pull off a helmet, it is mckenna. i miss you a lot and think of you often!

Mickellerox said...

FRICK I love those little giggles!