Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quarter Century!

It's true, I'm 25 years old! This birthday (on the 23rd) was different than past birthdays. For the first time, I didn't feel like the whole world needed to know it was my birthday. There wasn't this feeling of telling everyone I passed, "It's my birthday today!" :) Instead, I kind of felt like, "Meh. If people know cool, if they don't know, that's cool too." Does that mean I'm getting "old?"

Either way, I had a WONDERFUL day! :) It was so nice to have a birthday on a Saturday so Dan could be with me (and McKenna) ALL day! He spoiled me by making one of our favorite, easy Saturday morning breakfasts. Scrambled eggs, fruit (an apple), and Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Delish!
Throughout the day, as we went about doing normal errands/activities, Dan kept surprising me by leaving my presents here and there where I would find them! He even put one in McKenna's lap, from McKenna. Here's a picture of my sweet hubby's gifts to me (THANK YOU!): A BYU water bottle holder, two more Disney movies to add to my growing collection (Robin Hood and The Rescuers), the David Archuleta CD, strawberry and chocolate milk (my favorite treats to get at the grocery store), Red Vines and a big bucket of Dubble Bubble (yeah, I have a sweet tooth), beautiful tulips, and a ShamWow!! All day I kept hoping something would spill just so I could clean it up. :)
That night, we celebrated by going to eat out at one of my favorite restaurants, Olive Garden! I ordered the Portobello Ravioli. Delish again!! Thanks to everyone who came to help me celebrate: Mickelle, Jonathan, Stewarts, Winegars, Jake and Ailin, Sam, and Mom and Dad Webster.

I also felt so special from all the Facebook b-day wishes and the many phone calls (Thanks Smiths in Alabama, Mary in Maryland, and Mom and Dad Thompson!)
The next day, the Webster Sunday dinner was also a birthday celebration pour moi. We had another yummy dinner followed by cake and ice cream! I also received some cute new clothes and a beach towel from the in-laws! THANK YOU! (Note: darling nephew Joseph with awesome stickers on shirt and no pants; a common occurance.)

Action shot! (Note: This photo has darling niece Kate in the background. Love those kids!)


On top of all this, I also received a card from my Condie grandparents (mom's parents) and the Nelson grandparents (Dan's mom's parents). Thanks!

I truly felt loved and celebrated!!

I'm pretty sure I'm getting more sentimental in my "old" age, feeling like I needed to document every little thing about my birthday. Oh well.

10 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay for oldness! Happy birthday again!

Kellie said...

ahh, happy belated birthday!! sounds like you had a great day!

hillary and britton said...

Yeah for turning 25!!! Looks like you had an awesome day and receieved great gifts! McKenna looks like she loved swimming

Mickellerox said...

You ARE loved and celebrated! :)

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Laura! Looks like you had a great b-day! I love all those presents Dan got you, they look delicious... how fun! :)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day. So I have one question. Does the Shamwow really work? I've always wondered...

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! I'm so glad that it looks like you had such a great day!!!

katie b. p. said...

LAURA! happiest birfday! Hope you were able to use that shamwow as I think that was the present I was the most jealous of!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Laura! Your little girl is adorable! So I know you posted it forever ago but do you have patterns for the things you have been sewing. They are so cute and I want to make them too! Hope you guys are doing well!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

You are officially old :) Meh. Oh, and did anyone tell you you multiply your birthdays according to the number of kids you have . . . :) Seriously, kate's bday was way more interesting to me than my own. love you.