Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alamaba- Part 4, Montgomery!

Before we flew home, we decided to stop by the capital city of Montgomery, AL for a quick drive-thru, early morning tour. It was on the way to the airport, kind of. :) Thanks Justin!
First White House of the Confederacy (directly to the South of the Capitol)The Baptist church where Martin Luther King Jr. preached and the Montgomery bus boycot was organized.
That's me in the bottom left corner.
Immediately to the east is the Alabama State Capitol Building (from the street in front of the Baptist church)
Cool water fountain with a quote from Dr. King in front of the Civil Rights Memorial (1 block SW of Church).
Old train station-nowhere near the church :)

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Neato... I suppose I will have to go to Montgomery now myself :) Love ya!

Mickellerox said...

Looks like fun! I bet Shmoopy was a fantastic tour guide. MAN I love and miss the south!