Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alabama- Part 2, The kids!

One of the best parts of our visit was seeing these kids together.

Kari (4 1/2) Kaitlyn (2) McKenna (7 months) Dylan (2 months)

Because the blessed South is so hot and humid, McKenna enjoyed quite a few breaks from the helmet.
A few things to notice in these pictures below:
  • These two babies are 5 months apart but only about 1 inch and 2 pounds different in size.
  • Also, McBaby has had a hair growth spurt and her hair now hangs over her ears a bit.
  • In the tummy time pictures, Dylan's got the right idea to rest on his bent elbows. McKenna just stiff-arms it and then gets too tired. :)
This photo op was doomed to begin with if you look at Dylan's face. I think she's trying to cover her ears. :)
Then she tried to hold his hand to comfort him...
Here's our little family after church on Sunday.


McKenna also loved it when Kari played Peek-a-boo with her!

Kaitlyn couldn't stop giving McKenna kisses. She only seemed to mind a few times and got a little pay back when Kaitlyn would run into her helmet in the process of giving her loves. I'm sure Dylan was thankful McKenna took some of the heat off him. :)

McKenna (and I, a little bit) also "enjoyed" their dog Mollie.

6 comments:

Hksedwick said...

That's the dress I got for her!! I am so proud and I think it looks really good on her.

Butler Family said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST hanging out with your sister and the kids. Glad you got to go and see them!! Beautiful Church pictures of you guys too:)

James and Kista said...

I love the "stiff armed" tummy time! So cute! And yes, that in the video of Landon, he is really asleep and that was nothing compared to what he normally does with his eyes. I will keep trying to capture the whole effect...

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the video with Kaitlyn totally in McKenna's face. And the stiff legs with the dog :)

Mickellerox said...

Yes, I am leaving a comment on EVERY blog post, in your face! :) Lot of great pics, and the videos are precious. I can't believe how grown up Kari is (sniffle sniff) and I bet she is a good helper in entertaining her siblings too. I love how Kaitlyn just wanted to be in the middle of everything! And I am surprised how well McKenna did with Mollie, but it's just proof that you guys should get a cute little lap dog of your own ;)

Becca said...

Those are such cute pictures of the kids! :) I can't believe that McKenna and Dylan are the SAME size pretty much! WHOA! :) I love seeing pictures of these kids though...I can't wait to see them in real life. :)