Wednesday, August 26, 2009

County Fair-Petting Zoo

We took McKenna to the Davis County Fair a little bit ago.  It was FREE except for parking- YEA!  The best part was definitely the petting zoo.  Since McKenna is still quite young and doesn't know a lot about animals, we basically put her as close to the animals as possible to see her reaction.  How did she fare, you ask??  
(Pay close attention to her body language.) 
Bunnies: Scared
(The "I'm being forced to do this look")

Chickens: Scared

Goats: Scared

She wants to touch them so bad, but you guessed it, she's scared.  
The first goat nibbles her toes a bit.  



This guy: More scared

Big Cow: Still scared
Dairy Cows: Yup, scared
Sheep: Scared
Tarantula: BOTH 'Kenna and Mommy were SCARED on this one!!  Yuck!
Basically, when we put her closer to the animals, she pulled back twice as far!  Good times!

Well, hello big fella'
She doesn't quite understand you're only supposed to put your HEAD through...
Maybe we'll have better luck next year!  

11 comments:

Kellie said...

haha! that made me laugh so hard. i love it!

Mary said...

i love that last picture of you guys. too cute.

miss you guys! xoxo

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

She is such a cautious little one. She just wants to make sure of everything. I love how even her feet are scared :) I would have been scared of the tarantula too. And what was that bull/cow thing with a curtain hanging from its neck? We get to see you in 3 days!!!!

Sibber said...

So cute! Sorry we couldn't go with you! But, thanks for posting! Good times! Love you all!

Melissa said...

Ha ha nice! I stopped b feeding about 2 months ago because of some issues. What's your email address?

Brett and Rachel said...

Well Laura, it costs a small fortune, but it's totally worth it. My doc is doing it for $5000 but I had several quote me $6-7000 so I guess it just depends on where you go. There's not many opthamologists that do it. Go to visianinfo.com for more info and to locate Dr's in your area that do it. I'll let you know how it goes!

Mickellerox said...

The tag lines on the pics are priceless and awesomely accurate. :) Looks like at least you and Dan had fun!

Butler Family said...

how cute she is. I LOVE that last picture of you guys together. two gorgeous girls

BreAnne said...

She is so cute! I love all of her little expressions. It looks like you had a great time!

Max Fam said...

oh my gosh, that mommy/daughter picture at the end is precious. you can tell she adores her momma!

John and Jessica said...

What a cutie! We giggled at the videos, she really didn't like those animals :) I bet she'll love them next year!