Wednesday, September 16, 2009

CA Vacation part 1-Road Trip

Saturday (Aug. 29th)
I know what you're thinking. "Finally!  An update!"  :) Well, get ready for some FINE updates indeed!  They're kind of journal-rrific! 
 The week before Labor Day, we took a trip (DRIVING) to see my family in Chico, CA.  This is the first time we've ALL (12 of us) been together since Thanksgiving '07.  Mom, Dad, sister Mickelle, sister Emily and fam from Alabama {Justin (husband), Kari(4), Kaitlyn(2), Dylan(5 mo)}, our family of 3, and brother Jonathan.  It was wonderful!  Let's look at pictures from the very beginning.   

The road trip begins.  See 'Kenna in the mirror?
Weird cell phone tower (we think)
I love this girl!  She did a LOT of this during the 12 hour drive (sleeping, not the sprinkler).  
And a lot of this.
"Welcome to California"  
I'm not so good at taking these kind of pictures.
We all arrived at my parent's home late Saturday night. 

The next three pictures were actually on the trip home.  But still part of our road trip. :)  
We passed a Bigfoot museum.  
McKenna LOVED the little breaks OUT of her car seat.  
Note the In 'N Out cup.  Soooo Good! :)
I even spent some of the trip on my dad's Goldwing motorcycle.  Totally hard core, huh?

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I cannot believe you drove that horrible awful highway that goes past Reno. That is the worst stretch of road ever. P.s. Comment on weird cell phone tower - joking, right? It's actually roadside artwork. Insane, no?

Alyson said...

The weird cell phone tower is just a random sculpture. (Ah, I see I'm second to comment about that.) Weird as heck place for it, right?

How'd Kenna do on the long drive? Mmmm, In-n-Out. One of my craziest moments @ BYU: a friend and I actually hopped in the car on Friday after classes and drove to Vegas, just to get an In-n-Out burger. So worth it. (At least, we thought so!)

ME Moon said...

Here's more about that "tree"

http://www.utah.com/amusement/metaphor_tree.htm

Mickellerox said...

Ok, I seriously laughed for about 10 minutes at "the sprinkler". COOLEST. SLEEPING. PICTURE. EVER!