Saturday, September 19, 2009

CA Vacation part 5- Kid's museum, Fern Canyon, Trinidad

Thursday (Sept. 3rd)
We went to a Children's Discovery Museum.  Not nearly as nice or updated as the one in SLC at the Gateway, but still nice.  McKenna LOVED this toy piano and probably would have stayed there all day if we let her.  But we had her explore some other things.  


She felt so big standing by herself (holding on though for balance).
Port hole
"Get me outta here mom."
Going down the slide with cousin Kari
At the checkout stand.  Don't worry, I could never put a price tag on McKenna! ;)


Fun ball ramp and loop




Later that day, we saw LOTS of Elk (we saw more later, but didn't take pictures of those)!


We did a little hike in Fern Canyon.  It was gorgeous!  It reminded me Jurassic Park scenery. :)

Try to spot Kari...she's very sneaky with her camo shirt.

So Green!  So many ferns!

Dan was having a Man Vs. Wild moment.  Bear Grylls would be so proud of this perfect lean-to shelter...cue British accent..."I've got to build a fire; cause if I don't, I'll die." 
That evening we went to see Trinidad Beach.  It was also quite a sight and very cold! 






1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I love your british accent, "Or I'll die". And there are lots of Cute pictures of Kenna at the museum!