Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a Christmas post! :)

Here are some of the highlights from our Christmas Eve and Day!
We had a yummy fondue for Christmas Eve dinner with Dan's family.
Complete with a chocolate fountain for dessert!
New Pajamas!
All the Webster grand babies in their newPJs!
We attempted the traditional pyramid...
And read the Christmas story from Luke 2.
Ready to go to home to bed so Santa could come!
AND HE CAME!!
Here are two of McKenna's favorite gifts.
An electric toothbrush. Not for hygiene of course, just for play. She likes the way it feels in her mouth. :)
She also got a fake pet hamster that runs around.
After presents at our house Christmas morning, we went to Dan's parent's for a delicious breakfast and then presents with the Webster's. (You'll also notice the poppers on our plates which have a fun toy and paper crown inside.)

I caught Kenna snuggling with Grandpa Webster
McKenna was nice enough to let us know when she was ready for her nap. She crawled over to the diaper bag, got her binkie, and snuggled up to her blanket on the floor (though the plastic pliers was a first:] ). Funny baby!
I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of Christmas dinner and presents with MY family...
We ate our traditional German pancakes with apple cider syrup. SO good! Then, we opened our presents together. My parents got Dan this portable workbench and McKenna loved crawling on the box!
Two wonderful days PACKED with family, thoughtful gifts, and celebrating our Savior's birth! How grateful we are for His life, mission, and priceless gift to us!
Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

heather and ronnie said...

Looks like a great Christmas! And is that an apostle at your party? And of course...Miss McKenna is a cutie!

Alyson said...

And look who was reading Luke 2!

Looks like a lovely Christmas. I think of the traditional meal you at with your fam as my traditional Christmas meal too, though my kids and hub don't like it so we never eat it around here. Still, it's my tradition! ;)

Mindy said...

I adore the Christmas jammies she's in! So cute!

Anonymous said...

It seems like you guys guys had quite the fun and yummy Christmas! I'm glad things are going well for you guys! Oh, and I also love how my mom had my sister come up to Dan and ask who he was at the wedding you went to this week! LOL! It is definitely a small world!

Unknown said...

Cute pajamas! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love how McKenna tells you when she needs to nap-how nice!

Mickellerox said...

I think you mean a "Festivus post", oh wait, I see what ya did there. Yay for german pancakes, electric toothbrushes, and hamusutas! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

The pjs are so cute! And we had German Pancakes with the Smiths this year too... They went off without a hitch :) I love her smile as she puts the toothbrush in her mouth. Yay for Christmas!!!

joel and laura michelle said...

how very fun! mckenna is such a doll baby. what an amazing memory to have your grandpa nelson reading luke 2 ... treasures!!!!!