Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crocheting

The Relief Society in my ward has had two crocheting nights in the last little while. They said there was no experience necessary. So I decided to go and learn. :)
Here's my first attempt!
I learned the basic chain and how to turn a corner. The ends are slanted on this sample, so I'll have to work on preventing that next time.

(So maybe I look a little like and old lady in this picture with a warm blanket on my lap as I crochet...)

I'm working on a hat next!

5 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yay La! You are so dominican ;)

Kellie said...

I think it turned out really cute!

Alyson said...

Well it's an adorable fashion scarf even if it isn't quite wide enough to be a warmth scarf. Great job!

K Thompson said...

You MADE that? No WAY!!! I'm so proud of you. You can teach an old dog new tricks You did a fabulous job and Congratulations you little handiworker, you!

K Thompson said...

That's funny... it took out the comment that I put in brackets about me being guilt-ridden because crocheting was yet another skill that I was probably supposed to be teaching my dear daughters. And, luckily they can learn it from their own ward family members.