Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Food Storage

Doctrine and Convenants 38:30-
I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms... but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.
Dan's parents were SOOO NICE to help us get our 3 month food supply. We don't have enough room in our little condo to store much more than that. We are very grateful! Peace of mind is a wonderful gift. Here's our fun afternoon at the cannery!
(I'm not exactly sure what Dan thinks he's "getting ready" for??)

Dan, Sarah Jane, and Daddy Dave
Me and my Bro
(who was visiting for the weekend from Provo)
I labeled
Dan and B-I-L Brian ran the sealing machines



Sarah Jane helped fill the cans and made sure they had an oxygen packet

Jonathan lifted the heavy boxes

Dad worked with David and Laurie on the milk and flour

We missed getting a picture of Dan's mom; she was the labeler on the other line.
The end results! Again, peace of mind is a wonderful thing!


Now I just need to learn to cook with it! :)

7 comments:

Kellie said...

fun! apparentely they also distribute a recipe book. did you guys have the place to yourselves then?

Unknown said...

Wow-how nice and it looks fun! I wish we had the same piece of mind.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That is freakin' awesome! Love Jonathan's beard protector ;)

Melissa said...

I also heard you can rent the can sealer and do it at home, that would be a fun mommies night out. Good for your guys, we need to work on that.

heather and ronnie said...

Thats awesome. It's great to be prepared! Ronnie and I have an aching to start ours..but it'll have to wait until we get our own place. haha.

Marla B said...

Okay-in December I made my FIRST trip to the cannery! It was great walking out with cans of goods! Then its fun to put it in your home. I've used my sugar up (I will load up on that) and I added some onions & carrots into a roast. So I am in the same boat as you-what do I do with it now!!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Impressive, you two. Heather and I really want to boost our own level of food supply. You guys are inspiring us!