Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update

Sometimes I have blog posts that don't have just one "theme." This is one of those. Just some things I want to document and share. :)

McKenna had her first week at church in nursery! I stayed with her during the first hour then snuck out without incident. Two minutes later they brought her to me due to a messy diaper. I was nervous she would have a hard time going back in after being with me...she didn't even look back! When I went to pick her up after Relief Society, I got a little teary eyed as they handed me her "stuff." She had "colored" (at the bottom) these pictures about Joseph Smith.
The second Sunday Dan dropped her off and kissed her goodbye. She only cried a couple times, but overall did just fine. We'll see how she does after a week break for General Conference.

That same first Sunday she went to nursery we also had some pretty nice weather outside. Kenna was playing outside with dad and fell and got her first skinned knee! Such a first time mom thing to do, I know...I'm sure I won't even think twice with the next 17 kids.

Ever since the "incident" she makes a sad, hurt face and touches her knee... either knee really. Apparently it was pretty traumatizing.
Here's a few of McKenna's new words: Mom, Dad, Bye, and of course her default if she doesn't know how to say something- "dats." She can also say eyes, up, hi, more, I love you (ay-oh), pop, no, all done (ah duh), please (eese), thank you (eh eh), and poop (but only after she actually poops). I mostly love how she tries to crawl onto Dan for most of the video.
Fun walking on the noisy newspaper. Made her socks black.


I forgot to upload this with the wedding post, and it was too cute to not share. That hairbrush/compact "toy" from Aunt Ailin was a lifesaver!

8 comments:

Butler Family said...

Love the videos and the Pictures!! How fun that she is in Nursery now!! What a big step for you guys and for her as well

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I do like the "Dats"... It is a pretty all serviceable word :) And, poor traumatic experienced girl. She will forever remember her first skinned knee. And 17 kids.... You better get movin' ;)

Kellie said...

she's adorable. luke loves watching the videos and jabbering away at mckenna.

Alyson said...

First skinned knee really is such a trauma though!

C C & R said...

Oh I wish that Jayne would handle nursery like that!

Megan My Dear said...

henry got his first skinned knee this week! he keeps asking me how it happened. :)

James and Kista said...

17 kids huh? ;)

Mickellerox said...

Well then. Seems you got several winks with this post about your 17 kids comment, so instead I will say I LOVE YOU and I LOVE KENNA!